Grease

thegoofeedude

I've just taken my old Monty X-Alp out of the storage shed to see if it still rides ;) . I took the rear wheel off to tighten the nuts on the axle so that the rear wheel wouldn't be wobbly. I decided to take them completely off to see how things looked in the bearings, and the grease is old and dirty (dust and grit and bits stuck in it) so I've decided to degrease and regrease the bearings. I don't really know what I'm doing, and I don't know what weight grease to buy. Any tips? I've got a hunch that grease is just grease, and it doesn't matter too much, but I'd like to hear from someone who knows (Y) .

Also, is there anyone in the US who knows of a good online trials shop here?

Awesome, thanks dude (Y) . I've seen trialsin.com, but it's surprisingly un-maintained (broken html all over the place). I wonder if there's any affiliation with the shop you gave me, which looked pretty good.

I also know of webcyclery.com, and that's the only other shop I know of in the US. It's sad trials is so small here :( .

Edited by thegoofeedude

I found some lithium grease at the hardware shop, and got the wheel cleaned, greased and put back together. Very cool, as it's been a long time since I've ridden this bike. Brake setup, as always, was very unfun :( (vees with no booster), but I got the thing in a rideable condition. Now to learn the sidehop....

Thanks for your help guys (Y) .