Lots Of Questions 'echo Team' Related. Forks And Frame.

JT!

I think the t-lites reign of terror is over. It just can’t handle wide rims. I have to file pads down, and it’s impossible to set them up correctly so they wear on a stupid angle. At this moment in time the prongs on the actual Magura scrapes along the rim whenever I put a bit of force through the pedals.

So a few general questions about the Echo Team (long)…

For a start has anyone ever broken one of these frames? Not like it really matters just curious.

Any one running this frame with try-all rim or anything wider (such as echo etc) if so do you still get that problem of having to file off your pads and have to have them set right out in the mounts, or is there room to set them up properly?

Has any one ever changed from ‘Echo Lite’ forks to echo teams? If so how did the change feel, is the extra weight noticeable? Any change in height? Especially looking for views on people who have just changed the forks and not altered anything else on their bike at the same time.

Also, for anyone who runs this ‘in-built booster’ thingy. Does it really work, or would it still be worth getting a booster as well?

Does the echo control booster fit the echo team?

I’m also going to need a new headset, is it worth paying the £60 for the hope? Or would something like a Cane Creek do at a third of the price. I don’t really mind paying, but is there any sense when your not actually going to ‘feel’ where your moneys gone, unlike something like an ENO if you catch my drift. Or will it be worth it in the long run in a decades time when I’ve still got a headset running smoothly?

Can you run the hope head doctor with a Monty sloped top-cap stem without any weird and wonderful bodges?

Thanks for taking the time to read my mindless dribble, any comments and opinions welcome as always. (Y)

you cant run the head docter with the sloped top cap, just star fangled . . .

do you not remeber riding joshs echo long with team forks?

he had not problems using a tryall and viz rims.

Oh and the in built booster is ace, maybe a bit too stiff !

the control booster will fit on a worn tyre but is pointless on a team/control etc

for a headeset id go for a [pig pro, or a king at £70 on ebay

ive found the hope headsets smooth but dent easily are a bit of hassle sometimes.

i havent needed to touch my king ever.

Edited by Caleb

If you're considering getting a hope for £60 then you may aswell just get a chris king for £69, Theres a large difference between the to IMO. The teams really nice, my mate ran one with a tryall rim and creepy crawler with no problems (Y)

I don't think theres to much pont in running a head doctor..

I'm ruining a cane creek C2 seems fine any headset really that is sealed should last a good time so I don't think theres much point in forking out for an expensive one.

The forks, riding a friends bike the weight or the teams to the lites is unnoticeabul but the stiffness is the teams and miles stiffer!

The in built booster is ace you won't need to buy an external one.

Sam

I changed from Echo lite forks to Echo teams, the weight is nothing really noticeable, also the rigidness of the teams is very noticeable straight from the start with is really good. Definitely recommend then (Y)

Tom.

Was there any difference in hight?

Any one running this frame with try-all rim or anything wider (such as echo etc) if so do you still get that problem of having to file off your pads and have to have them set right out in the mounts, or is there room to set them up properly?

I've been running Echo 05 and 06 rims. Now using Viz! 47mm.. Working just fine. Plenty of space to set the brakes up properly. So no worries (Y)

If you're considering getting a hope for £60 then you may aswell just get a chris king for £69, Theres a large difference between the to IMO. The teams really nice, my mate ran one with a tryall rim and creepy crawler with no problems (Y)

Where can you get a king for at £70? Or am i just not looking hard enoug on ebay?

;) Aspirevelotech on Ebay. Try bidding on them at first, you might get it for less than £70.. But, I do believe its possible to buy it for £70 new directly like a 'Buy Now' off Aspire...

But Joe Elding will know exactly what to do.

Good on you for getting a frame that's actually long enough for you! :P Meh, a new era of JT starts... :-

Good on you for getting a frame that's actually long enough for you! :P Meh, a new era of JT starts... :-

T-lites waaay long enough. I'd stick with it untill the day it broke if i could set the brake up proporly.

So it' basicly this yeah. There's that many variations. :S

Edited by JT!