Sidehop Help

Swize

Right i've been trying to sidehop things for a while now and ime getting there. I can do about 5 1/2 pallets which I suppose is ok just, theres one thing I can't do and thats land on walls.

Basicly I get on the back wheel hop arround a little get ballanced compress and jump. So I think I have that bit done right.

[attachmentid=5623]

Its the whole lannding on walls I seam to go over or miss frount wheel by miles, as you can see in the pic below if that was a wall I would of compleatly missed.

[attachmentid=5624]

Could it be that I don't go to frount wheel. I was told tryed the whole turning my bars when I lannded but thats no use to me at all.

If it is the whole not going to frount wheel thing whats the best way to learn?

Cheers Sam

Ps Thankyou to Mike for the photos.

post-5455-1151267816_thumb.jpg

post-5455-1151267982_thumb.jpg

Edited by Swize

that used to happen to me, i tried going to two wheels and it sorted it out, you need to bring the back up and around more than stretch out at the front, tuck up more in the middle and drag it accross before you land, lean futher over your bars.

hope this helps

tom tom

get the pallet, tilt it so ur backwheel has to go further to land on it, tilt it quite abit then as you tuk your bike will be diagnonl but the other way your front wheel will be at the edge and start putting it slowly normal.

Or start infront of the crate like your goin to backwheel it then in one kick turn and go straight up from the backwheel so, use one kick to turn you to your side and get on the backwhel and your other kick to jump. both of them force you to do it right, if you dont then youll just fall off

Edited by Gaz M

Try and start with your back wheel closer to the wall/pallets. This will make you more parallel with the wall and will help. Make sure you go straight up and then to the side.

Yeah, I think you need to be more parallel as David said. I was doing what you are doing for ages, until I realised it's much easier if you hop totally sideways (Y)

also try starting a bars width out, this should make you go to front wheel and bring your backwheel round. i'v been telling my mate this but he just dus'nt seem to lisen :angry:

until I realised it's much easier if you hop totally sideways (Y)

thus being the sidehop. :P

Edited by T-BAD

dont be too close and dont be a million miles away is the key.

before you go, compress the tyre (body drops down) and then jump up, LIFTING the bike up and tuck the bike underneath you, by pulling UP with your feet (sounds weird BUT trust me it works)

Waynio............................

sometimes like doing say 3 hops on the spot then going, you get a rhythm and you may get more the hang of it. persistance is the key dont give up too easy. (Y):)

EDIT: just noticed that your pulling your front wheel "in" too much, the front wheel doesnt need to go THAT far onto the wall. less on the front concentrate more on the back, as going up with the front your probably good with, but i bet your back is "just" not making it like, slipping back down off the wall???

Edited by Waynio

dont be too close and dont be a million miles away is the key.

before you go, compress the tyre (body drops down) and then jump up, LIFTING the bike up and tuck the bike underneath you, by pulling UP with your feet (sounds weird BUT trust me it works)

Waynio............................

sometimes like doing say 3 hops on the spot then going, you get a rhythm and you may get more the hang of it. persistance is the key dont give up too easy. (Y):)

EDIT: just noticed that your pulling your front wheel "in" too much, the front wheel doesnt need to go THAT far onto the wall. less on the front concentrate more on the back, as going up with the front your probably good with, but i bet your back is "just" not making it like, slipping back down off the wall???

Yeah its exactly that I have even recorded it and I get a good 2" above the wall but then the back just misses.

Well cheers for the help everone I shall put it in to some practise tomorrow will hopefuly get it cracked