Avg Or Nod32

munkee

I have a non legal copy of Nod32 trial version which i can patch to work forever.

I am currently using avg free edition.

Spacemunkee......

Is it worth switching to nod32? or stick with avg i like how avg updates and runs pretty quiet overall and havent had any trouble. Just wondering if peoples experiences of nod were amazing and i should switch. Does it drain resources or pretty good with them? etc

Edited by Spacemunkee

Personally i prefer nod32 for its simplicity and the fact it uses nearly zero resources. If you like it please buy it though its only £23 a year.

ginger ninja.....

Ah i didnt realise they needed the funding thought it was a pretty well known corporate program to be honest. Anything that is low on resources get the (Y) for me. I only swtiched to avg because mcafee happened to be the most stupidly retarded resource draining pile of wank ever.

Edited by Spacemunkee

on a vaguely related note..

do we know if there's a decent free antivirus for XP64? (is there a Nod64 perhaps?)

I'm stuck with using avast on my 64 box at the moment (I didn't get on well enough with avg to pay for it) and while it seems to work ok it's a bit on the resource hungry side for my likings.

and, while I'm at it, do we know of a decent software firewall for XP64 - the zonealarm 64 beta didnt get on with my machine at all ( bluescreen :( ) so I'm running with only the standard windows firewall - which makes me slightly uncomfortable.

do we know if there's a decent free antivirus for XP64? (is there a Nod64 perhaps?)

Nod32 is available for windoze 64bit.

As for firewall the one included with windows xp service pack 2 is perfectly sufficient unless your a large company that someone would actually want to hack.