Jubilee Clips For Magura Mounts

3rider3

Well ideally you want your brake up and running properly sharpish so that the bike works again.

Look in the yellow pages for engineering places round your area and see if they can sort you out with helicoiling (forgot the size, sorry)

A jubille clip will work, but they dont work amazing or anything.

I had to do it once and i always had to tighten the screw up after a few hours because it kept on coming loose an the force of the brake was moving the clip and making the piston move about.

Edited by merlin_rider

What you do is assemble the brake like normal with the bolt in, then get a jubille clip an put it around the underside of the tubing and over the magura mount then tighten.

Zip tie booster if you want to stop it rattling

i was surprised at the number of places that do helicoiling my local bike shop is tiny and has some old people running it but they done it i would just ask around see who can help i wouldn't trust the old clips me self but yeah i can see it just about working another option though i have never done it is filling the hole with weld and re-tapping it if thats any use to you.

ben

I'm using a jubilee clip at the moment because am lazy to sort it out proper, been running the clip for about 5 months now and it's holding down the mounts very well. Nothing wrong with it only thing thaty it's annoying if you want to re-sort your whole brake.

i was surprised at the number of places that do helicoiling my local bike shop is tiny and has some old people running it but they done it i would just ask around see who can help i wouldn't trust the old clips me self but yeah i can see it just about working another option though i have never done it is filling the hole with weld and re-tapping it if thats any use to you.

ben

Jesus christ!!!

Ever heard of using comma's!!!!!!