Im Sick And Tired Of Braking Mech Hangers

trialsguru

The problem with Rolhof is most of us don't have £50 to spend on a chain tensioner, don't know about you but I think that's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on keeping your chain tight!

Davey

its not that much if you consider how much new tensioners/hangers cost if you bust them regularly, thats if these tensioners are as good as i have heard, never tried 1 myself, my surly i got free still works pukka :) 2 or 3 years old now

By all accounts the Rohloff works at least twice as well as a tension seeker/surly/others though... It is a lot of money, but I've not heard a single person complain about them (apart from the price, that is).

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at this home made chain tensioner, I'd say it's pretty cool. And it will be really hard to break, due to the small size, plus it is very close to the frame so there is hardly any part you can land on!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Any one know where you can get one of these made up, or where i can get one from?

thanks

Ben