Charge Bikes Trials Prototype

onza-alex

The current ti frames are no more expensive than they were years ago though so it dosent seem to have affected them that much. It's a shame you cant get middleburn 16t bashes in ti anymore, mine is fantastic.

Middleburn Super Pro guards, RNC (who make BMX ti parts), various BMX companies who make Ti spindles, axles and drivers and so on - they're all gone as a result of it... Perhaps companies who make Ti frames are just taking less of a cut out of it now so they can maintain the same RRP? People are usually skeptical about buying Ti frames simply 'cos of the extra price, so they probably realised that charging more wouldn't go down at all well...

... Perhaps companies who make Ti frames are just taking less of a cut out of it now so they can maintain the same RRP?

Yeah thats what i was thinking, presumably it is easier for a frame company to lose a bit of profit margin and stay in buisness than a company producing smaller and less expensive parts.

I really like that frame, looks lovely. I think it's just the fact that after using seat-lesss, high bb rise frames that a bike like that is more of a reality check, showing just how nice the less extreme designs look. Although i have liked bikes styled like that for a long time, they just seem to look more classy and less in your face then many of the recent trials bikes.

I was told there is a 2 year shortage of carbon fibre due to all those bigger planes being built.

Dosent surprise me too much.

You would be amazed how much carbon fibre modern aircraft use, for example the raf/ navy's "new" merlin helicopter is pretty much totally made from carbon fibre... I was shocked when i first saw a dissasembled one.