Can Echo Teams Take Chain Tuggs?

JT!

As the title says. I've just roughly put the back wheel on, and it look bleak. :closedeyes:

Should i get the snail cams that have notches or that are smooth? I can imagine that the smooth ones won't be too good as they'll slip.

As the title says. I've just roughly put the back wheel on, and it look bleak. :closedeyes:

Should i get the snail cams that have notches or that are smooth? I can imagine that the smooth ones won't be too good as they'll slip.

I've got some try-all snail cams

want to swap for your chain tugs?

I think you have to run snail cams as there no room for tugs.

Nah sorry keeping the chain tuggs.

Want to sell them?

Get snail cams with notces there awsome fresh product ones look the best, my monty ones are wank.

I would, but he's on holiday by the looks of things. :closedeyes:

I wish, its so much more fun :P

Right, crappest pic ever (couldn't find the one I wanted):

[attachmentid=5967]

Grind the red bits off including the two corners (so the tugs is flat at the front half), and then run it the opposite way round to normal: so the round tabs face inwards and the square blocks are inside the slot of the dropout. Its also handy for spacing out your 110mm Profile to the 116mm spacing of the Team frame (Y)

You can then go on to chop the threads down a bit if you like - makes it super neat.

Hope that helps :)

Ads

post-5427-1152737537_thumb.jpg

It can be done with a bit of crafty angle grinding :shifty:

Thanks alot for the pic, but i'll stick with snail cams. Haven't got acess to an angle grinder anyway.

If i'd have known about them not fitting earlier i would have ordered some snail cams with the profile lockring. But building up bikes wouldn't be as fun without these little suprises now would it. :-

(Y)

I've got a Team and I never wanted to run anything but bmx style chain tensioners as Snail Cams seemed pretty pants, I grinded and cut up my old chain tensioners but the reach and tension abilities were pretty pants after doing so pretty much eliminating the point of them in the first place.

BUT after being recommend to try Fresh Products Snail Cams they've been perfect for the frame, easy setup, snug fit, great tension, easy adjustment all-in-all pretty much perfect.

I'd definitely recommend them for anyone with the Team and a Profile or whatever as they work a treat and are a mere £8 :)

Heres a link to them to have a look at: here

Hope that helps,

Olly.

BUT after being recommend to try Fresh Products Snail Cams they've been perfect for the frame, easy setup, snug fit, great tension, easy adjustment all-in-all pretty much perfect.

Haha, orderd a pair about 20 mins befor you posted this up.

Do you have any problems with the profile bolt spacers not fitting?

IPB Image

I had to loose the silver part, and just use the dark washer inside. :ermm:

Haha, orderd a pair about 20 mins befor you posted this up.

Do you have any problems with the profile bolt spacers not fitting?

IPB Image

I had to loose the silver part, and just use the dark washer inside. :ermm:

Same here, I didnt use my silver ones cos they didnt fit.

What did you do to yours?

I'll get a pic in a bit maybe.. basically a custom cut spacer to fit in the Teams dodgy CNC dropout bits, works a charm and doesn't wear/grind into your frame like the profile bolt thing (Y)

I'll get a pic in a bit maybe.. basically a custom cut spacer to fit in the Teams dodgy CNC dropout bits, works a charm and doesn't wear/grind into your frame like the profile bolt thing (Y)

Did todge make that then?

Did todge make that then?

Yea I drew them up, he made them and its sorted the problem :)

Not sure if he's still able to make stuff like that anymore might do for a few extra pounds or something I'm not sure, have a chat with him and he'll probably remeber what they were like (Y)

Sorry no pics yet I got lazy :P

Olly.