Hope Mono Trial Problem!

ghosts_cloak

Hello, well my second bike maintenence thread of the day (N)

I had my lbs bleed and put new seals on my front Hope mono trial. I assumed that it would be as easy to put back on as it was too take off, but obviously not. The front wheel can hardly move at all, the brake seems to be permanantly on? I put the spacer/washer back where it was originally..

The only thing I can think of is that when changing the seals the shop took the pads off and put them on the other way around or something?

Any ideas of how to sort this,

Thanks (again),

Gareth

The pads just stick out too much... try to push them in, with a knife or whatever. Next time put a small piece of plastic or whatever between the pads, when the wheel is taken off or the brake needs a bleed...

Edited by Chris

Thanks, will try that now!

Right well I tried that, and sure enough one of the pistons wiggled back about 1mm to where it should be. I put the wheel on, turned the bike over and pumped the brake. The first few pumps pulled to the bars, and then it went really really firm and the brake is clamped on again. When I pull the lever I can only see one pad move the other must be pressed up tight against the disk, a stuck piston? I just wriggled it back again, but its not easy to do, could this be due to new seals?

Any more advice,

Thanks,

Gareth

Too much fluid? Take the resevoir cap off and take a little oil out by soaking it up with a rag. You'll only need to take a tiny bit out and make sure it's kept perfectly level when you do it.

Eeeek that sounds a bit scary for someone as clumsy as me! The brake was just bled by the bike shop so maybe Ill get them to do it for free as they shouldnt have put too much in should they (N)

Ill give them a ring tomoz unless anyone else has suggestions?

Thanks for that idea though, maybe I will do it tommorow depending on what the bikeshop say, I guess ringing hope in the morning would be a good idea also.

Gareth

tip for the future don't bleed a brake with out the disc or something between the pads.

you might want to let your bike shop know that aswell the bunch of cowboys.

Yeah I wont be taking my bike there again in a hurry, but seeing as I already paid to have my brake serviced they will have to sort it!

Whenever I take my bike anywhere without the front wheel I sellotape a 2p coin between the pads normally,

Gareth