Nass 06

lee220

Lee,

Firstly, NASS announced that Ot was going to be there, not MAD.

Secondly, 'MAD' and 'Saracen' are seperate companies. MAD are the team and Saracen used to be the major sponsor of the team and supply the bikes - however this is no longer the case, MAD have dropped all ties with Saracen. You may have noticed any 'Saracen' branding or logos have been covered. I'm not having a go or anything as I am very aware that the team is, or used to be considered as the 'Saracen MAD Team' which was never the case. I'm just claifying this for you :)

Out of interest, which day did you come and what time did you watch?

I think that, given the circumstances, the trials display was very good.

Andy P.

So what are they riding now?

Currently (to my knowledge) the new frames are still in the late design stage and hopefully we will recieve prototypes in the near future. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say but I'm really looking forward to their arrival because they look good and the geo seems spot on (imo). The frames will be a new brand owned by MAD called 'PHASE'

At present, riders are allowed to ride what they like.

Andy P

I went yestarday and thought it was very good.Got some very cheap stuff there aswell like a sinz-racing cable and wire in blue for my bmx and a front oddesy tyre also for my bmx.All together for the tyre and cable the price was £12! (Y) Ill get some pic's up tonight of nass. ^_^ Saracen are/is bust as the m.a.d team no longer use saracen's.I seen one ride useing a kot..Another useing a onza t-lite.Some of the bmx legend's were there like tobia's wicke,matt hoffman and mark webb and more :) ..

EDIT:I may be wrong but it's what i heard/seen

Edited by nickyw

Currently (to my knowledge) the new frames are still in the late design stage and hopefully we will recieve prototypes in the near future. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say but I'm really looking forward to their arrival because they look good and the geo seems spot on (imo). The frames will be a new brand owned by MAD called 'PHASE'

Sounds good.

They being designed by the riders?

Sounds good.

They being designed by the riders?

They are. It will be very similar to the more recent Saracen frames as we felt these rode well, although we've made a few changes to make it ride even better. The problem we've been faced with is that with such a vast range of riding styles within the team, finding some sort of common ground. We're hoping in future we'll be able to produce different frames for different styles.

Andy P

Lee,

Firstly, NASS announced that Ot was going to be there, not MAD.

Secondly, 'MAD' and 'Saracen' are seperate companies. MAD are the team and Saracen used to be the major sponsor of the team and supply the bikes - however this is no longer the case, MAD have dropped all ties with Saracen. You may have noticed any 'Saracen' branding or logos have been covered. I'm not having a go or anything as I am very aware that the team is, or used to be considered as the 'Saracen MAD Team' which was never the case. I'm just claifying this for you :)

Out of interest, which day did you come and what time did you watch?

I think that, given the circumstances, the trials display was very good.

Andy P.

sorry i didn't know they were there own company.

yeah there was a lad on a kot and t-lite. But most of them were on the mad frames.

Edited by lee220

sorry i didn't know they were there own company.

yeah there was a lad on a kot and t-lite. But most of them were on the mad frames.

There was only one on a 'PHASE' branded Saracen (gaffer tape and marker pen!) Other than that there was a KOT (Matt Barlow), Toxin (Craig Lampton), Echo (Si Sagar), Onza 26" (Rob Poyzer), Onza 20" (Ashley Butler) and Revell (Chris Doney).

Andy P :)

Well even though i didnt go to the team mad are sh*t and a doubt ot pi would go you should sew the company or something plus when team mad were in scunthorpe on that extreme stunt show thing they werent even riding saracens and there was only 2 there and they only did like 5 minutes of riding then sat on there bikes all night.

Well even though i didnt go to the team mad are sh*t and a doubt ot pi would go you should sew the company or something plus when team mad were in scunthorpe on that extreme stunt show thing they werent even riding saracens and there was only 2 there and they only did like 5 minutes of riding then sat on there bikes all night.

I agree cos in the news section on this forum mad said they had ot pi guaranteed to be coming on the saturday.

But he didn't plus why did they get rid of the competition. (N)

Ot Pi was there last year, so i don't see any reason why he wouldn't have been there his year. Injury? Busy schedule?

How long ago did you watch them. Andy just said that Mad have cut ties with saracen, so you wouldn't expect them to still ride them.

For example, if Rooney left Man Utd you wouldn't expect him to still wear a Man U shirt when he plays. Lame example i know.

Not having a moan, just giving a few reasons that might answer your questions.

a) Learn to spell

b ) Learn correct grammar

c)'Team mad are shit'' - care to explain why? i know every single person on the team and know them all to be very high standard riders and extremely ammicable people.

d) Extreme stunt show consists primarily of monster trucks, cars, motorbikes and stuntmen. MAD are to provide a short interval show which by the sounds of things is exactly what they did.

e) 'sew the company'?!?!?! for what exactly? please enlighten us.

f)Dont make unrequired insults about things, people or situations you dont understand. you didn't even attend the show for gods sake.

i hope you like it in pre-members. :mellow:

Edited by MrSuave

This has never been done before in a demo

Said on both days :P

Lee man hows yuor bike? get your freewheel sorted? Hope so that was a pretty nasty bail.

As for the demo it was ok, if you didnt have a clue about trials then yeah was good, for those that did i'd never heard so much bullcrap. But as said the public did respond very well, which was what the mad team was supposed to do.

Anyone going next year, ive heard that its goin to be at the bath showgroud again! Public riding yay!

Mad are one of the oldest and most professional teams around, and to a none trialser their demos are very impressive indeed. If you can do better why dont you apply...

So have saracen actually gone bust?

Well said Tom!

Ot came last year which, like every year previous, was organised by MAD. And like Nadine said, it coinsided with the Worlds (which I totally forgot about) which is probably why he didn't come this year.

No MAD = No trials at Nass at all.....

Andy P