68mm Shell Bbs In 73mm Frames

ben

right iv just got an ashton (Y) and i havnt had chance to ride it as it needs a monster sized bb axel (N) i was wondering if any one had used the echo isis BB (68mm shell) in a 73mm shelled frame now the one im looking at has no flandge on the non-drive side so it should screw in antill it meets the bbs shell but i was wondering if that would leave enough axle on the left hand side i mean the axels the same lenght i know i was just wondering if it might be centered diffrently if that makes sence well any help would be great thanks a lot

ben, ^_^

right i tryed it and it does work for future refrence for any one seems fine to me doesnt look so pritty but should b as strong and i mean not many peopl go round staring at your bottom bracket

Apparently with the FSA Platinum Pro's they fit into any length BB?

I'm not sure how true this is, but when I bought mine I asked what length it was and whether it would fit into my frame and the guy at the shop (one of my riding friends) says it should fit into any width frame, so long as its not overly long or something ridiculous.

Ever thought of being validated rather than talking to yourself :-

well no one seemed to knwo so i done it and it worked thought some people might want to know and not be grump old gits yeah it was the echo internal one i got it from select i think it works on any BB that doesnt have a flange on the non drive side shell but i could be wrong i was just worryed about the way the axel was centred but it seems fine to me.

ben

I did this with my base when I first got it but I didnt run it for long as It just anoyed me having a bodge on my bike so i brought a bt bottom bracket. I think it will work with any bb with no drive siade flange (Y)

theres now rela reason to change it as it will still be as strong as a 68mm bb as it is one and it realy shouldnt put any stress on the frame only bad thing is looks and ill be honest i couldnt careless about the look of my bb :-