Surly Splined Sprocket

xris_x

What a bummer, after spending hundreds on a new frame, cranks and whole new drive train i found that the chain skipped over the 18T Surly splined sprocket every time i tried to lay down some power. After working as a bike mechanic for several years i was scr*wing since i couln't work out what was wrong, new chain, new mech, perfect chain line, straight hanger. Eventualy i realised that the teeth on the sporket where too far apart, and the problem was solved by using an old chain.

Hands up who is willing to ride a brand new drive train with an old chain...no, didn't think so >_<

One call to Tarty bikes and they agree there was a problem and sorted me out with a Chris King sprocket (thats right only £35 for just the one sprocket; yeah i know its a rip off but what you gonna do?).

So anyone else had this problem or how do you guys stop your cassets digging into you casset hubs (mine is a steel hub body but still digs)