Digital Freeview!

Olly C

Right,

I've never actually had TV in my room since I've got NTL Digital in 3 other rooms but my new TV came with a built in Digital Freeview Tuner, so I stole my mums portable arieal to test out the thing and seee what I could find.

I think I've got about 45 channels all in all some are radio but most are TV, now the thing I'd like to know is does anyone else here have freeview with a proper arial and how many channels have you got? I'm thinking of buying a £30 proper digital freeview arial but if theres not that many channels I'm missing then it's probably not worth it.. At the moment my TV seems to pick up E4+1 but not E4? and Film Four isn't on the list either so theres a few I'd like but dont have.

Anyway post your experiences,

Cheers Olly.

i have 93 consisting of radio and tv. It really depends on your area and the freeview box you use i use a sony which is the best there is to be honest. I really dont like some of the newer models kicking about. The proper digital ariel should sort you out in some areas it is required. Although i dont use one.

theres only about 10 decent channels, they just put loads of shite ones on to make up numbers :-

Yeah, the only extra ones I watch (besides BBC1, 2, ITV, C4 and 5) are news 24, and occasionally E4 and BBC3. I get about 80 channels, but half of them are shopping channels or ones you have to pay extra for.

I had a look on the freeview site, re aranged my normal arial and now I've got all the channels.

I'll probs use E4 and E4+1, Film4, Sky Sports News and maybe a few others but the reception is 10x better than the channels I can get via the analogue signal (Y)

The full list of channels are here: http://www.freeview.co.uk/channels/

If you click on a station it'll tell you where it should be, I positioned my Arial in a good position, then auto tuned, then checked which channels it didn't find and did manual tuning and added them to there correct places that way.

Olly.

It really depends on your area and the freeview box you use I use a sony which is the best there is to be honest.

Anyone reccomend a particular freeview box?

Looks like Sony would be a good choice, check AVForums.com for threads and see what the opinions are there (Y)

Yeh the sony box is immense, I had it before i got a tv with freeview built in, and the sony was far far better than my current system.

as for the channels, ones such as history channel, sky 3 and bbc 3 are actually on the whole, really good, i was suprised.