Poll

lawrence osborn

Which one?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best in your opinion?

• ZOO python
    • GU typhoon mod

I hate it when people say get this get that because less people have them. Less people have them for a reason, because the python is a better frame. They sidehop like a dreem, I went 4 inches higher than I could on my Echo when I got one, they tap like a stock throwing you up walls with the long chainstays and they gap very nicely too and over all bring out power in any move.

Ditto^

I've had both of them, and still mess about on my mates. It depends what you want really.

Python; gaps, drop gaps, sidehops, taps, wheelswaps

Gu; wheelswaps(depends how you like 'em), bunnyhops, 'pidgeons'(transfer) static to back wheel(really easy (Y) )

Btw, am riding the ;) Zoo!

dont even consider getting the long gu as its totally wank the geo is all just wrong, the short one rides awesomely so much better then the long its untrue, the short is one of the nicest mods ever but if your pretty tall and youll need a long bike get the python, steer very very well clear from the long gu :)

Gu suck you will gap liek a dead cat imo. Zoo all the way baby. I ride stock zoo but my 2 mats have zoo pythons and they sidehop well good. The last gu i went on i kicked hard as foook and got no where.

Sounds like your stock riding too :- . nah only kiddin beau haha i love u really :D

Forget the GU and Python, go get this:

IPB Image

Nah, honestly, I think you should go for the GU, as it can be long, and at the same time nice for popping manuals and spins as it's so much more flickable than the Python. I guess it all depends on your riding style and the kind of stuff you like doing.

Really i like all sorts but these are the one i prefer Drops, Gaps, front wheel touching as high as i can go, manuals and some technical stuff like hop up on to something land on my front wheel and switch onto my back wheel were my front wheel was. Also i am 5 ft 10" and i currently ride as t-pro if any of that is any help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Why do you want to change? Yes the T-Pro may be a 'bugdet' frame but if it ain't broke...

I cracked a T-Pro and 'upgraded' as some might say to a Python, worst mistake of my riding career. Whereas everything was accesible to the T-Pro I was so limited in style on the Python; no manuals, bunnyhops, small techy lines. I'm 6'1 so my height wasn't a factor. My riding became very stagnant on the Python, same sidehops, blunts, although large, were do able on my T-Pro which also had the bonus of offering variation in my riding.

All this said I now ride an Echo Team 06 Short, stick with the T-Pro but if you really want to change stay short and get a GU or a Monty 221 PR.

Cheers, Guy

Cheers thats helped alot, i don't really like montys though they have a good performance reputation but don't seem very good for strength. So you are suggesting a GU short yeah, but how does the echo team short ride compared to the t-pro?

like asking if I should get hit by a car or get stabbed in the leg. Both bad options :-

yeah but you ride stock correct me if you don't. And what bike would you suggest then?

anything non deng (Y)

They're all built in the same factory anyway, so what's the difference? Deng frames offer pretty much the same geometry as any other frame maybe apart from the Monty, and are more durable. I don't think they're designed to flex but then very few riders know how to flex a frame to their advantage. So for an average trials rider the choice depends only on geometry and durability doesn't it?

They're all built in the same factory anyway, so what's the difference? Deng frames offer pretty much the same geometry as any other frame maybe apart from the Monty, and are more durable. I don't think they're designed to flex but then very few riders know how to flex a frame to their advantage. So for an average trials rider the choice depends only on geometry and durability doesn't it?

Very true (Y)

When ever I see a deng frame, all I think about are tgs street riders wanting to be the next craig.

Everyone seems to have the same frames, do the same riding with the same music in their vids.

I also hate the geo of both the python (worst riding bike I have EVER been on!) and the gu (possibly 2nd worst riding bike ever)