Help Wanted

saracen--mad

Hello people hope your all enjoying your day!! Justy been out on my bike and noticed a creeking coming from my front end. I'm running a disc echo easy forks and a minty wheel. First things that come to mind to check are,

1. cracks in forks. Checked this none found

2. rotor loose. Checked and its tight.

So what could it be maybe my headset but its a fsa pig headset and seems fine.

Could it just be my disc caliper creaking the bolts are tight which attach the caliper to the fokrs.

so any help woul dbe appreciated.

Cheers

Matt

Cheers for the very fast replys.

Double check ALL of the bolts around the caliper. Are you running Zoo bars, by any chance?

I'll double check all bolts. I am running standard onza bars not zoos.

Put abit of oil on your Forks steerer, helped me anyway.

Mat

Ok i wil try this anything else worth doing.

Edited by saracen--mad

Cheers for the very fast replys.

I'll double check all bolts. I am running standard onza bars not zoos.

Ok i wil try this anything else worth doing.

You sure it's from the front?

Standard Onza cranks/bb's normally creek.

If thats what your running?

Mat

I have onza freewheel crnaks and echo/vp bb. It happens when i sit on my top tube have the front brake on and rock back andforth and when i endo and stuff.

Headsets probs loose, undo the stem bolts and do up the stem cam, then re do the stem bolts up, if it still does it, could be your headset/headtube.

Mat

i have zoo bars and mine creak, is there a way to stop them creaking?

JK

Grease the inside of the bar clamp area at the edges, and maybe file the edges of the bar clamp on your stem so they're not edges, but rounded a little.

I have onza freewheel crnaks and echo/vp bb. It happens when i sit on my top tube have the front brake on and rock back andforth and when i endo and stuff.

Could just be your forks are dying, but it may just be the pads rocking in the caliper body. If not, just double check your headset as the crown race may be cracked. A bit of grease in there never hurt any body either, and may make sure it kills any noise. You could also do with your bars what I said up there and see if that does the trick?

Grease the inside of the bar clamp area at the edges, and maybe file the edges of the bar clamp on your stem so they're not edges, but rounded a little.

Could just be your forks are dying, but it may just be the pads rocking in the caliper body. If not, just double check your headset as the crown race may be cracked. A bit of grease in there never hurt any body either, and may make sure it kills any noise. You could also do with your bars what I said up there and see if that does the trick?

Ill grease it all up and that cheers for the help mark i see why u have the moderator member title now.anything else worth checking well im at it

My bike used to suffer from a nasty creak in the front end. To sort it all I did was take the forks out, grease up the steerer, make sure the headset cups were all nice and straight, put the stem back on and make sure it's done up tight and Bob's your uncle. I'm not sure exactly what it was but reassembling the front end with some grease in there sorted it all out.

well i just went to try and sort it out dropped the forks out and my bottom bearing race fwell apart all the balls fell out of the cage. It's a fsa pig headset and iver herd of it happening to others. COuidld this be the reason for the craking i cant find and cracks or anything. If anyone has a bottom cup complete to any headset they could sell me id appreciate it or even a whol eheadset. so was this wat the craking was.

the bearings fall out of any open headset if you take the race away. sometimes they're in a ring or "cage". just get some new ones. 1/4 inch i think in pig lower cups. i dont thin kany of my pigs have all their bearings and they're all smooth, aslong as its greased it'll be reet.

yer, i know that. but you need more bearings without the cage, really. guess aslong as you have a decent amount it will be cool, but if they all bunch up in one place its going to f**k your headset.

Cheers for al the help guys i'm gonna go down town tomorow to the bike shop and get another pig and replace it all hopeful then the creaking wil lbe gone.