Stripping Stickers Off My Frame?

will17will17

I think it is spelt *Nitromause*

anyway I have a onza T-Mag and I want to take the (T-Mag) sticker off the frame, I am guessing it is laquered on so if I use Nitromause to get it off what then to I put on the place where I took it off to stop damage and looking tacky?

Thanks Will

Leave nitromoss alone, you don't need it and it can mess you up, if you have to use it wear gloves and goggles, its grim stuff. Heat the sticker gently with a hair dryer for like 20 seconds and then lift the edge. It should peel real easy but if it starts to stick or tear just heat it up again. I hope this works, it has always been very successful for me....

Leave nitromoss alone, you don't need it and it can mess you up, if you have to use it wear gloves and goggles, its grim stuff. Heat the sticker gently with a hair dryer for like 20 seconds and then lift the edge. It should peel real easy but if it starts to stick or tear just heat it up again. I hope this works, it has always been very successful for me....

Heating isnt going to do anything

the frame is coated with Laquer :S

protechin the inner stickers

but good point on the protection (Y)

wear gloves/goggles/a thing covering your mouth and nose

its toxic obviously

so be careful (Y)

I didn't think nitromors was that bad when i used it, obviously i wore gloves but if you do it outside and dont sit with your head right over it breathing in real deep breaths then i dont see a reason for you to use a face mask. It is designed for use on wood afterall so its not as bad as caustic soda.

The lacquer is available from all all good diy shops and halfords like stated above but if theres not one near you your local car garage should have some in as well. A couple of cans should be sufficient to coat an entire frame so if your only doing the area where the t-mag sticker is then you should be fine with one can.

K thanks for reply's i'm still going to use nitromors because there is some in my mates shed and we used it on his bike, just his frame looked a bit pants after because there was no laquer on it... thats why i want to do my properly if you get me.

Thanks

Will

EDIT:spelling corrections

Edited by will17will17