Just Found A Nice Crack In My Crank Arm

dave33

Gonna have to say bad luck with hoping for a replacement Dave. Just had to send mine back, and unfortunately the guy who now runs Middleburn is unable to honor the old promise of lifetime warrante replacements on Middleburn Cranks.

But try anyway and see what they say, mine went through Leeson first so Clive managed to help me out, but other may not be so lucky.

Rich

Just 2 weeks ago, i snapped my burns :( ! couldnt believe my luck though, could have been so much worse for me lucky it (non driveside crank) went when pissing around on a pavement :rolleyes: im forever gratefull to the big man up there for not putting me in hospital...

Sooner or later im gunna get round to sending the two halfs away with a strong letter suggesting replacement to Middleburn.

Sooner or later im gunna get round to sending the two halfs away with a strong letter suggesting replacement to Middleburn.

why a strong letter there the best trials crank youll get and unfortunatly they will break some are lucky some aint just pay whats needed and dont be a twat about it.

why a strong letter there the best trials crank youll get and unfortunatly they will break some are lucky some aint just pay whats needed and dont be a twat about it.

Because he bought them in the knowledge they come with a free replacement if ever bent or snapped. I think it's fair enough to expect what you've been promised! I think it's fair enough if Middleburn want to remove that policy on cranks sold from whatever date, but not cranks already sold. :)

Because he bought them in the knowledge they come with a free replacement if ever bent or snapped. I think it's fair enough to expect what you've been promised! I think it's fair enough if Middleburn want to remove that policy on cranks sold from whatever date, but not cranks already sold. :)

This would be alright if they started at a time where it only includes future sales of their cranks, but the website still states that the cranks have a life time warranty on them:

RS-7 474g per pair including CD spider (175mm length).

LIFETIME warranty against defects in materials or workmanship*, covers competitive DH, trials and jumping!

Compatible with all spiders and trials guards.

Available in ISIS or square-taper interfaces.

So technically anyone who is told they cannot have a replacement set of cranks from now until they change the website, could probably seek legal action against them.

Fair enough it is only a set of cranks but i know a lot of people that bought these cranks because they are supposed to be the best and came with a LIFETIME warranty.

"LIFETIME warranty against defects in materials or workmanship* .... * = Warranty excludes tapers, splines and threads."

The warrenty (free replacement) is pretty good but the letter of it doesn't cover all failures, nor should it!

If it did it would be very costly for Middleburn! For example it doesn't cover snappage following material being ground away on an arm to the point where strength is compromised. It sounds like this is where you have the choice of 1/2 price replacements, which is a pretty decent thing!

Middleburns ***!

Steve

The warrenty (free replacement) is pretty good but the letter of it doesn't cover all failures, nor should it!

If it did it would be very costly for Middleburn! For example it doesn't cover snappage following material being ground away on an arm to the point where strength is compromised. It sounds like this is where you have the choice of 1/2 price replacements, which is a pretty decent thing!

Middleburns ***!

Steve

Yeah I'd rather pay 1/2 price for a new set of cranks instead of having to buy a whole new set.

I got F**KED over by Race-face when i snapped a pair of Turbine LP's, no replacement, no refund, no half-price replacement.

So i bought a set of Middleburns and haven't had any problems since.

For example it doesn't cover snappage following material being ground away on an arm to the point where strength is compromised.

I really doubt people would snap them due to that if they do then they deserve it because no one should be half worn through middle burns. I had mine 3 years and they were badly scratched and stuff but never to the point where it would cause snapping.. same goes for everyone elses ive seen.

Yeah I'd rather pay 1/2 price for a new set of cranks instead of having to buy a whole new set.

I got F**KED over by Race-face when i snapped a pair of Turbine LP's, no replacement, no refund, no half-price replacement.

So i bought a set of Middleburns and haven't had any problems since.

I didn't get particuarly good support from Race-Face either. I just bought a set of Middleburns..

ah right i must of got the wrong end of the stick, i thought he was gonna do it cus he snapped them not because of the warrenty thingy.