How Long Have You Been Riding,when Did You Start

minicrack

Hello ive only been riding for about three weeks now and im adicted to trails.

im just wondering how long everyone has been riding for.

Also im intrested in hearing how high people can side hop in inches,

flat to flat gap in ft and drop off basicly anything else that you feel is relevent that i missed.

Pictures of your bike are welcome and video clips of your self.

I dont have any pictures or video footage of myself as of yet.

All replies are welcome thank you.

DARREN

hello mate basically ive been riding for about 4 years this being my fourth now and ive loved every year, mainly because i have learnt something new or i have progressed so much.

1st year- started off on a mision reefer but i found trials a bit hard with the co ordination so i was doing more street moves i.e. bunny hops and stairs sets

2nd year- i bought my mates saracen mad off him and upgraded it with a few bits like cranks rear wheel and magura i also learnt the basics on this

3rd year- was getting to crampt on the saracen mad so i got the onza t-rex and basically changed the whole bike i also did my biggest gap at the time static 7ft and also dropped my highest 6ft

4th year- getting bored with the bike and also wanted to something a bit longer and lighter so i swapped my t rex frame for my mates bt raven 5 bought a rear wheel (pro 2 on hog) and im slightly progressing with gaps n blunts

if you want pictures/ footage of me and mates riding please dont hesitate to ask hope you enjoy trials as much as i do

cheers rick

What forks are they on your bike? Stock t-bird ones don't have disk mounts do they?

stock onza forks many not come with disk mounds but mine did when i got my bike so im not to sure i think.

Thank you for replying your story was quite interesting.

like i said above ricky all pictures and videos are more than welcome,

so if you happen to have any please show me i have nothing better to do.

Edited by minicrack

how was i introducing myself?

It was a good introduction dispite the fact that there was no need.

By the way i made need some help sometime with the photoshopping as i dont know what im doing, so if i do ill ask you.

Im also fifthteen too but unlike you ive not been riding long.

I also made the same mistake and went streight into posting before realising whats what.

Overal it was'nt a bad introduction.

DARREN

Edited by minicrack

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ost&id=6452

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ost&id=6453

http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....ost&id=6454

My bike ^^ been riding for just over 2 years now, and im getting extremely bored of riding that T-pro, im either going to get a new frame, or just quit trials all together, cause im liking BMX now.

Here is also my new vid, made about 2-3 weeks ago... Enjoy... video is called, "Rob and Me (mardy bum)"

Thanks.

been riding for just over 2 years now, and im getting extremely bored of riding that T-pro, im either going to get a new frame, or just quit trials all together, cause im liking BMX now.

Thanks.

I had my T-pro for about two years and started to feel like that. It was either i needed a change or i was going to start bmxing. But in the end i got a GU Typhoon and it got me back into it, i often get like this when i get new parts for my bike it makes me ride it more. I started bmxing as well along side trials and really enjoy it, both compliment each other really well.

I started trials about 2 and a half years ago on a t-pro, and a few of months ago i got a new typhoon and love it.

As i'm on a new computer i will get some pictures in a bit and post them up, but the spec is in my profile (Y)

As i can't edit my other post i will put the pictures in this one. All the pictures are taken using a camera phone.

GU Typhoon short:

IPB Image

IPB Image

And for anyone one that is interested, here is my bmx, i recently airbrushed and painted it as i was pretty bored at the time and it seemed like a good idea :- , although saying that i do quite like it.

Haro F2:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The top tube was hand painted, and the downtube was airbrushed using templates.

Edited by huck_it

got my first trials bike just before my 11th birthday, but all i could do for a good 6 months was bunny hop and endo, stuff like that. even though it wasn't as if i was about become UCI champion or anything like that, it got me really interested in the sport. as i grew i was more able to perform the moves i was seeing in the videos i was watching. i'l have been ridin for 4 years this crimbo, but over that time i've had huge breaks and amounts of time off.

Haro F2:

IPB Image

IPB Image

The top tube was hand painted, and the downtube was airbrushed using templates.

thats a really nice paint job mate (Y) next time i spray a frame i might use stencils, something individual and unique :turned:

ive been ridin about 2 months. i purchased a giant trials team off my dads mate. ive mastered the pedal hop and am currently learning the "backwheel" move. or i prefer to call it the "pedal up"

cant ride atm though. got a pringle as a back wheel :(

It was a good introduction dispite the fact that there was no need.

By the way i made need some help sometime with the photoshopping as i dont know what im doing, so if i do ill ask you.

Im also fifthteen too but unlike you ive not been riding long.

I also made the same mistake and went streight into posting before realising whats what.

Overal it was'nt a bad introduction.

DARREN

I get you now, your talking about my intro topic, not these posts.. well i was actually talking about the 'how long have you been riding' not the introduction.. we can never have enough intros :P ... dont worry its an easy mistake to make, as first time at forums can be confusing.. so yea lets start over.. welcome to Trials-Forum and have a great stay! And yea any PS problems u can contact me :)