My Brakes!

I-LUV-TRIALS

:angry: help my brake are crap,

hs33- feels crap and the lever can be pulled back to the bar but it doesn't need bleeding you pull it in half way and it works perfect but then keeps goin to the bar.

julie- the lever will come into the bar, you let go and pull it in again and it will only come to about 1 inch from the bar ?????

please help me :S

I had that problem like a week ago. Bled it with water and now it works fine. Should have seen how much air was in there!!!

And I believe the Julie is auto adjusting for pad wear? (Please correct someone if thats wrong)

Anyways, bleed it, and you shouldnt have any more trouble.

Tarq

Yeah, sounds from what you originally said like you might need a booster.

I have had that problem - the brake locks up but if you squeeze you can pull the lever back much further. When that happened to me it was because the frame was flexing outwards. Booster keeps the frame together = no more squidgy lever syndrome.

If that's what the problem is anyway.

p.s. I don't know nuttin about Julies, sorry.

Edited by Tommy d

Frame flexing? -You need a booster.

Shit bleed? - Try again.

Try cleaning out the whole system. - My mate showed me a good way to do it.

With your bleed kit, screw in the pipe bit into the cylinder, and attach the other to a track pump (if you have one)

IPB Image

Like that one.

You may have to hold the pump in.

Undo one of the bleed bolts, and simply pump it. Once all the oil's out, you should get all the crap out that builds up around the pistons. Just keep pumping it and top up the pipe with WD40 to help clean it out.

Do this with both the cylinders.

With the lever, undo the bleed bolt, spray some WD40 into it, and pump it out (pull the lever). Just do this a few times.

Then build the brake up (Att ach hoses to the right places etc)

And give it a nice bleed.

Should feel nicer. :)

Frame flexing? -You need a booster.

Shit bleed? - Try again.

Try cleaning out the whole system. - My mate showed me a good way to do it.

With your bleed kit, screw in the pipe bit into the cylinder, and attach the other to a track pump (if you have one)

IPB Image

Like that one.

You may have to hold the pump in.

Undo one of the bleed bolts, and simply pump it. Once all the oil's out, you should get all the crap out that builds up around the pistons. Just keep pumping it and top up the pipe with WD40 to help clean it out.

Do this with both the cylinders.

With the lever, undo the bleed bolt, spray some WD40 into it, and pump it out (pull the lever). Just do this a few times.

Then build the brake up (Att ach hoses to the right places etc)

And give it a nice bleed.

Should feel nicer. :)

i never thought of that one thanks mate :)

my pads are touching the rim and the lever still touches the bar?

When you bled it, did you have the TPA all the way out?

When you set the brake up, have the TPA all the way out.

Loosen the mount bolts so the cylinders are loose. Then get 2credit cards (or something thin) and put those inbetween the pads and the rim.

Push the clinder against the credit cards while you do the bolts up. - Make sure the pad is flat on the rim.

Do this on both sides.

When you're done, your lever should come back to the bar, now just do up the TPA untill it's where you want it.

If it's still at the bar, re-bleed it. (Y)

When you bled it, did you have the TPA all the way out?

When you set the brake up, have the TPA all the way out.

Loosen the mount bolts so the cylinders are loose. Then get 2credit cards (or something thin) and put those inbetween the pads and the rim.

Push the clinder against the credit cards while you do the bolts up. - Make sure the pad is flat on the rim.

Do this on both sides.

When you're done, your lever should come back to the bar, now just do up the TPA untill it's where you want it.

If it's still at the bar, re-bleed it. (Y)

the tpa is broken and doesnt work? read the comments!