Front Magura Louise Disc Probs

powerz

Hi,

I have a magura louise disc on the front of my G.U but the lever pulls right upto the grips & even if i tighten the brake right up so the pads rub on the disc it still pulls right into the grips BUT if i pump the brake around 10 times it then seems to work O.K

why is this and how can i fix the prob.

Thanks for help :D

Hi,

I have a magura louise disc on the front of my G.U but the lever pulls right upto the grips & even if i tighten the brake right up so the pads rub on the disc it still pulls right into the grips BUT if i pump the brake around 10 times it then seems to work O.K

why is this and how can i fix the prob.

Thanks for help :D

Bleed it, with water, get all the air out, i had the same problem with my magura clara. If it doesnt work, keep bleeding it.

Possibility for water to boil down a long downhill?

I know this isn't downhilling, but my Avid BB7 has become really hot during some places and its hot enough to start losing power.

But whatever, water is thinner than mineral oil and will give it a lighter feel.

I'd stick to mineral oil though to be honest.

i was going to use dot 4 on my magura louise when it needs a bleed but people have told me not to as it wrecks the seals straight away. dont know if anyone can confirm this. but people also say that water wrecks the seals in the magura 33's but mine havent yet and ive bin running water for about 8 months. so try it prob be ok, if anything starts to happen with it start using mineral oil again.

mission man

Edited by mission man

Dont say that,that will not be good (N)

I might take it down halfords and get them to give the brake a service.More Money :huh:

Lol funny post. Best bet is to have a go yourself go on google and search how to bleed the brake like the other guys have said it is alot better to bleed with water and it is alot less messy. the only really downside is that water will freeze in cold temperatures. :((N)

Went to re-bleed my brake yesterday with water & antifreez and also changed the hose as it had a bad kink in it but as i tightened the screw up on the caliper that holds the hose the screw snaped half in the caliper :angry:

so i ordered a new front brake yesterday and it turned up today so iv'e been riding allday :D

Thanks for help problem kinda solved now :lol:

Edited by powerz

Ive cracked a magura at the bleed screw from tightening it to much :$ also your disk does get amazingly hot, one day me and a few mates was out riding and there was this twat watching us from the bottom of this big hill shouting questions at us, so we decided to go and see what he wanted and my mate went down the hill fast with his disk brake on, when we got to him my mate said to this twat guy push my disk over a bit mate, and this guy push his disk and it burned his fingers :lol::lol::lol: