Tyketrial Comp - Sunday

TykeTrial

quick question, this venue is only close to me as i live in barrow. might not be able to make it though.

is the venue private land or is possible to ride there any time, or maybe slip the farmer money as addingham.

cheers

Ian Scott

Edited by scotty

Both Robbie and I thought it was a good day out. Even I had a wobble round just for the hell of it !!

I was a liitle supprised how many people dropped a class, I would like to see lads push themselves a little harder, this is the only way to improve. I thought the sections were bloody hard but thats trials for you eh ?

Well done to all who went and most of all well done and thanks for setting it up, sos I wasn't there to help.

Any way thats my view.

P.S my bloody shins are hurting AGAIN !

John

SH!7 me we have some more winging faggots in here too!!!!

F**K sake no wonder trials riders dont get on when they dont even give it a go, joe you like many others trials is not a big F**KING street ride. you dont go to the world championships and then pull out JUST cos the sections dont suit you? do you?

mind you with the petty bollox that goes on at this current moment im not suprised at all this SH!7.

again another slating to organisers and people who help put trials on in the UK. In fact im sure there is only one club in the UK that gets some praise :-:o

i know you can never please everyone, but its just one rant after another, it sounds like trials should be blown up and totally forgotton about eh?

from a conversation i had with someone it sounded like if you had given it ago you may have found that the "faggoty sections" would probably have caused you more issues and problems than you could imagine!!!

Waynio............................

someone start a topic "why doesnt trials get any bigger" the answer purely how i feel this morning, its full of winging wankers!!!!!alot of people are kool in trials but some there is just NO pleasing at all. (N) i feel for the future of our sport, oliver brothers, robbie peacock, theres no one id look upto on here!!!!!

EDIT: sorry i wasnt there barbara to help out, tore ankle ligaments on wednesday while practising. hope it went well other than the whinging and whining.

Edited by Waynio

Waynio............................

someone start a topic "why doesnt trials get any bigger" the answer purely how i feel this morning, its full of winging wankers!!!!!alot of people are kool in trials but some there is just NO pleasing at all. (N) i feel for the future of our sport, oliver brothers, robbie peacock, theres no one id look upto on here!!!!!

EDIT: sorry i wasnt there barbara to help out, tore ankle ligaments on wednesday while practising. hope it went well other than the whinging and whining.

:( Our opinion of yesterdays trial was of very technical,challenging & long sections certainly

testing enough for any ability rider. (Y)

Sam lost more marks yesterday than at all previous rounds. The rocks were similar to the World

round in France up in the forest which were very slippy & testing but superb practice!

Every person i spoke to after the trial said they enjoyed it, it was certainly worth the 140miles

each way we drove to get there!!!!!!! :)

PS Perhaps some people should look up the word trial & find out it's true meaning :P

Ian.

I would have come but i Was at work till 9.30am and its a 3 hour drive or more from mine so wouldnt have made it, so went to the glen for a ride with ali.

don't think I'd ever turn up at a trial and leave straight away if the sections looked sh!t, whatever there like they will improve your riding somehow, even if its just mud banks!! + theres the social side of comps as well.

Hopefully be at the next one if im not working (Y)

B)-->

QUOTE(joe b @ Oct 1 2006, 08:42 PM)

In my humble opinion, i thought the venue was shit. And, maybe my thoughts were exaggerated by the fact that we had to drive 150+ miles to get there.

After i'd paid, i went and had a look round at some of the sections, and thought the sections were so faggoty; i'm not really into trumping around through long grass for half a section, and riding over a massive pile of f**king pebbles :blink: . The sections didn't even have tape...

So i went and asked Barbara for a refund, and she didn't let me. f**k knows why?

Hey, it might have turned out to be the best comp ever (doubt it), but we weren't staying to find out. So we went to Blackpool Moon Rocks, instead. And, i'm glad we did, too!

That's what that was supposed to mean, Sam :) .

Joe.

You know what that is.....Unlucky

Well ... what can one say to that!!!

Perhaps the one group of three people who complained and retired would like to mark out and run the events next year?

Perhaps riders who prefer taped sections would like to come along the day before a trial to do so?

Could those who thought it was a little too far please find and arrange new venues closer to home?

Then everyone will be happy and I don't have to give up a weekend of my time every month - nor to drive 360 miles to check a venue out, set up the sections, and run the event. (Granted, the first time we sorted out 10 sections in the wrong field that turned out to be a pheasant shoot!)

Regrettably, a very good event, enjoyed by the majority, has yet again been marred by a very small number of people. Constructive criticism is always welcome and taken on board. However, one, obviously immature, person posting on a public forum that "the venue was shit" and that "the sections were faggoty" and a "pile of f**king pebbles" cannot be considered as constructive, merely detrimental to the image of the sport and competitions in general and no attention whatsoever will be given to those comments.

Too expensive?

Entry fee to a competition is £10 - If you can't be bothered to pre-enter it is £15.

Club membership is £10 per year - If you can't be bothered to join the club, then day membership is £3.

It can't be made any easier - all you have to do is fill the form in and put it in the post. This not only saves you money but shows consideration and courtesy to those who are arranging that event for you.

The person who posted "So i went and asked Barbara for a refund, and she didn't let me. f**k knows why?" in fact wanted his money back only after finding that his main championship competitor wasn't entered. How sad!

If that person wishes to write to the club committee with his request for a refund then I am sure that his letter will be considered and responded to appropriately. In my opinion, it was more than a little inconsiderate of him, to me having completed all his paperwork, and to other entrants who had had to queue and wait while I did so, to then decide that as his main championship competitor wasn't present he should have his money back (and to make people wait to start the competition while his paperwork was pulled out again).

The best outcomes of the day for me, were the 14 new riders who had been enabled to take part in an event closer to home - 4 of them in the under 10's class, and 11 in the Novice class. Without these new and young riders, the sport will, without doubt, die. Also, for the first time ever, all of the observers had volunteered in advance - THANK YOU! There were loads of spectators turned up on the day, including a professional event photography company, and loads of people thanked me for a good day - even some the observers said they'd enjoyed it!

Results went on-line at 8.00pm last night, as did photos and a report on the event.

Winners:-

Elite

Chris Boyes (14 dabs)

Kieran Donnelly (24 dabs m/c)

Karl Donnelly (24 dabs)

Expert

Sam Oliver (13 dabs)

Brett Penfold (25 dabs)

Matt Whitten (47 dabs)

Intermediate

Stephen Thompson (22 dabs)

Dean Bromley (24 dabs)

Chris Jones (40 dabs)

Novice

Lee Bell (18 dabs)

Steven Kuchczynski (23 dabs)

Tom Oliver (25 dabs)

Beginner

Jacob Robinson (41 dabs)

Joe Hiley (45 dabs)

Ellis Snowden (75 dabs)

Full results on www.biketrialuk.co.uk

The professional photographer who was present has promised to email his photos to us within the next day or two - I'll add them here eventually, but in the meantime a few snaps when we were setting up so you can decide on the sections and venue yourselves.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

NO SH*T - JUST RIDE!!! :P

Barbara

:lol:

NO SH*T - JUST RIDE!!! tongue.gif

To me that says it all <_<

It seem's to me as a certain group of riders are trying to segregate themselves from

certain events, sort of a North south divide. :(

Let's all pull together & support all events & appreciate all the effort & hard graft

these people put in for our sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

NO SH*T JUST RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Ian.

PS The sections above look NO SHIT to ME :rolleyes:

Edited by SamMonty

Yeah i pre-entered and was ready to go untill friday night when my knee started playing up again.

I dont think its too expensive either, £10 entry is cool and if you cant be arsed to pre-enter then be prepared to pay more. It is the same at other clubs like the Ymsa.

Will be at the Brimham round, that place is really good. Every time ive been there its been muddy! So some sun would be good, although i doubt it in November.

Stan.

if any off that was directed at me,

i am not slating tyke trial or any off the organisers,

my main point was that it is expensive to enter,

we drive there its 20quid atleast in petty, then for me 18 to enter and my mate payed 10,

i guess i just didnt understand the form as i had the idea it was 13 i am rather bad at maths thou.

for people who have family suport etc and dont have to drive nad pay etc there is nothing to complain about but when your money income is not amazingly high it is alot, i know it was our choice to go or not to go etc, but after going that far the venue cant compare to the likes of back cowm addingham bracken etc etc..

and again it was our choice to go..

sorry if my previosu posts sounded like a rant, i dont mean it in a nasty way just saying my part.

i DO highly appreciate everyone who sets the events up, and do think the events are very good,

so if i offended anyone i appologise,

waynio no offense lad but chill out swearing getting stressy does not really solve anything, its a forum say your part theres no need for ' wankers,shi7 etc'

well done to podium riders.

edit: alos some of the younger riders such as sam james h are gettintg very good in all fairness to them=]

Edited by craigdavies

They will get good because they ride what is put in front of em, not what looks good to passers by.

Trial....... look it up.

I rode on sunday and I thought it looked the esiest we have had all year, but to my suprise I reccon it was the hardest and so did Robbie. so looks can be deceiving......

joe I am taller than you and they dont look like pebbles to me :-

i was thinking that. besides you ever tried to ride on pebbles? thats hard ;)

I only didn't go because it was too far for me and that can't be helped and to be honest even £18 isnt a lot to ride routes that will challenge you?

bah never mind

i was thinking that. besides you ever tried to ride on pebbles? thats hard ;)

Lime, stones, pebbles, grass, snot, mud, rain, heat, we had it all on sunday. And I finnished (well sort of)

Good event thanks again all involved.

look forward to Cowling coming soon.......

if any off that was directed at me,

i am not slating tyke trial or any off the organisers,

my main point was that it is expensive to enter,

we drive there its 20quid atleast in petty, then for me 18 to enter and my mate payed 10,

i guess i just didnt understand the form as i had the idea it was 13 i am rather bad at maths thou.

for people who have family suport etc and dont have to drive nad pay etc there is nothing to complain about but when your money income is not amazingly high it is alot, i know it was our choice to go or not to go etc, but after going that far the venue cant compare to the likes of back cowm addingham bracken etc etc..

and again it was our choice to go..

sorry if my previosu posts sounded like a rant, i dont mean it in a nasty way just saying my part.

i DO highly appreciate everyone who sets the events up, and do think the events are very good,

so if i offended anyone i appologise,

waynio no offense lad but chill out swearing getting stressy does not really solve anything, its a forum say your part theres no need for ' wankers,shi7 etc'

well done to podium riders.

edit: alos some of the younger riders such as sam james h are gettintg very good in all fairness to them=]

I don't think Wayne or Barbara were directing it at you, Craig (Y) .