Chris King Hub Flange Cracked

BobbyD

a while ago i somehow managed to rip a spoke out of the flange of my king, that part of the flange is now missing so im minus a spoke for now. ive had a squint at other king hubs and it seems that the spokes rub away at the flange, as has mine, and it then cracks and eventually pulls the cracked part of the flange off. Towler, Ben and now Myself have had this problem so its obviously quite common, where do i stand for getting warranty on this?

i bought the hub from bikedock but have absolutely no idea where the receipt for it is :ermm:

the last thing i want to happen is i send it off and a month later i still havent got it back, so what do you think my next step should be?

Cheers

i did that to mine, sent it off and 7ish weeks later it came back... thats about the quickest you will get it done....

shouldnt be a problem not having a reciept, they all have serial numbers dont they? so king will be able to tell how old it is or what ever. i wouldnt bother going through bikedock, just send it straight to king, email them first or summat though?

Edited by James_Porter

ok thanks James, altho thats the answer i didnt want to hear :(

i suppose ill just whip out my spare King that ive got lying around and run that :$ :(

did u leave it built up or did you dismantle the wheel and sent the hub only?

Thanks guys

did u leave it built up or did you dismantle the wheel and sent the hub only?

If your sending it to king in US, better off just sending the hub. Less on postage, easier for them to fix it (so prob quicker), and you know what quality wheel build you've got when you build it up again.