Uni Project..

munkytrials

hey all, for one of my modules ive been asked to think up of any project to do, and so i was wondering whether or not people would appreciate a website based tutorial showing you step by step how to do moves, through pictures, videos, comments, etc instead of coming on here (even though it is a great place to find trials info) to post a new topic every now and then asking how to do this and that.. as well as step by step instructions to do moves, i am also thinking about including a bike maintenance section to further help out fellow trials riders and other bike enthusiast if need be..

ive already put this idea through my lecturer and his happy with the idea although it must include something interactive about it, his idea was making it like wikipedia, which allows people to update the information but i have my doubts about that..

but yeah let me know what you people think, suggestions, all views are welcome as they will help me a great deal when writing up the proposal, and who knows, if it is successful i might put it up on the web in the not so distant future..

anyway guys take it easy and thank you all in advance.. (Y):D

hey all, for one of my modules ive been asked to think up of any project to do, and so i was wondering whether or not people would appreciate a website based tutorial showing you step by step how to do moves, through pictures, videos, comments, etc instead of coming on here (even though it is a great place to find trials info) to post a new topic every now and then asking how to do this and that.. as well as step by step instructions to do moves, i am also thinking about including a bike maintenance section to further help out fellow trials riders and other bike enthusiast if need be..

ive already put this idea through my lecturer and his happy with the idea although it must include something interactive about it, his idea was making it like wikipedia, which allows people to update the information but i have my doubts about that..

but yeah let me know what you people think, suggestions, all views are welcome as they will help me a great deal when writing up the proposal, and who knows, if it is successful i might put it up on the web in the not so distant future..

anyway guys take it easy and thank you all in advance.. (Y):D

That actually sounds like a really good idea.

Im doing a project at the moment and you have to accept that you are never going to do something completley new, it would be stupid to expect a 19-20 year old to invent the wheel, so taking something and improving on it is the next best thing.

I think your idea sounds great, obviously input from web user's would need to be moderated, rather than going straight onto the site to maintain some level of uniformity, I guess your on some sort of web design course or something?

What exactley do they mean by interactive? From my little experiance web designing (just a module of engineering) something as simple as a comment box e-mail the webmaster was acceptable, but that sounds a bit too easy perhaps?

I am also thinking of the same Idea.

I have New Media degree and specialize in web design. Oh yeah I work in a IT department with 11,000 users. I am very skilled in Flash, Dreamweaver, photoshop, illustrator and premier.

I like trashzen but I find there is not enough detail. I think the instruction for trials is laggin way behind the growth of the sport. In fact I think it is holding it back big time.

I would be willing to help with a joint project.

I am also thinking of the same Idea.

I have New Media degree and specialize in web design. Oh yeah I work in a IT department with 11,000 users. I am very skilled in Flash, Dreamweaver, photoshop, illustrator and premier.

I like trashzen but I find there is not enough detail. I think the instruction for trials is laggin way behind the growth of the sport. In fact I think it is holding it back big time.

I would be willing to help with a joint project.

hem :-

Ok, I agree I can't have as many varied explanations as on an open discussion platform where everyone gives its angle to a move description. Hence, I try to give an explanation that worked or clicked with some riders I coached in the past, and this may be too rigid or limited. I must admit some early pages are a bit dry. Just time really.

Though, holding trials big-time is a bit overstated... <_<

I am html-oriented, don't know too much about interactive coding, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go on some pages to see how that'd improve, or cooperate on the sideline, to build an interactive section that follows your rules.

How is something as helpful as Trashzen possibly holding the sport back ?! It's not like it says 'Just pick up your bike and climb over that wall,' instead of telling you pretty much every way of getting up/over said wall there is, which it practically does.

:S

And I think the wikipedia idea would be ace too. Perhaps instead of being able to edit articles, just add your own explanations of whatever move instead?

Edited by Billy

sorry took so long to get back with a reply, been busy.. >_<

And I think the wikipedia idea would be ace too. Perhaps instead of being able to edit articles, just add your own explanations of whatever move instead?

a wiki idea would be good as you say but i think i would rather have a page where for example has instructions for a move and how to do it and then near the bottom a place to put peoples own suggestions like a comment box which would be regulated.. i think this would work better..

and since my first post ive had a talk with my lecturer again, and the following came up

- as well as how to do moves, a bike maintenance and health and safety section must be included

- do people think there is a need for this project?

- what would people like to see? features, etc-

- would anyone would be willing to team up to work on this project..

- would trashzen be willing for someone to help improve what they already have?

the time frame for this project would be now till march/april but i would like for something to be up and working by december just so i can gather views of what people think etc

anyway thanks to all who replied and if anyone has anything else to say or would like to contact me, then email me at tristcheng@hotmail.com..

take it easy guys (Y)

sorry took so long to get back with a reply, been busy.. >_<

a wiki idea would be good as you say but i think i would rather have a page where for example has instructions for a move and how to do it and then near the bottom a place to put peoples own suggestions like a comment box which would be regulated.. i think this would work better..

and since my first post ive had a talk with my lecturer again, and the following came up

- as well as how to do moves, a bike maintenance and health and safety section must be included

- do people think there is a need for this project?

- what would people like to see? features, etc-

- would anyone would be willing to team up to work on this project..

- would trashzen be willing for someone to help improve what they already have?

the time frame for this project would be now till march/april but i would like for something to be up and working by december just so i can gather views of what people think etc

anyway thanks to all who replied and if anyone has anything else to say or would like to contact me, then email me at tristcheng@hotmail.com..

take it easy guys (Y)

Hey, I've been trying out different things in the past, feedback options for the tutorials, looked at blog-like boxes, like integrating a RSS feed (all in beta versions) but it always got messy as it didn't streamline well with the rest of the pages

So I am more opting for a link at the end of each section, towards a moderated page were visitors can add their tips or ask questions about each move. I'll PM you.