Magura Bleeding Question

mark145

Hi all

After looking at all the bleeding guides and all of the pictures have now gone.

I am hopefully going to bleed it with water and anti-freeze because after feeling the response and my brake is starting to need a bleed anyway.

Well to cut to the chase, i am going to bleed it but i have never bled a brake before :$ , the main question is that, do i have to clear the system out and how would i do this (My maggy is bled with oil).

wel once you have connected all the bleed kit flush the brake through with water a few times until no more oil is coming out of the exit tube (around 4 times) and then push the water through with the seringe for the last time and when there is no air bubbles in the exit tube get someone told that end and take the seringe side out then put the grub screw back in the caliper and then take the exit tube out and put the grub screw back in the lever then your brake should be bled but remeber before you bleed the brake make sure the tpa is all the way out.

hope this helps

Joel (Y)

pump water into the brake with the bleeding kit, catch all of oilly water in a cantainer and wait for the water to become clear and bubble free. As soon as you no there are no bubbles in the water and it looks clear cap the tube on the brake cylinder with your fum and scrw the grub in the leaver. now the pressure will hold in the water and you can let go of the tube and screw the rest of the bolts in.

Remember that your just changing the water in the maggy not pushing more in there.

Basically, just dunk the whole break in a sink or bucket or what ever and make sure that the lever's/calipers are in the water all the time, if you take them out bleed it again, it doesn't matter if the cables out though.

Undo the bleed bolts under the water and pull the lever a few, times then put your finger over the bleed hole on the lever and pull the lever, then take your finger off the bleed hole then release the lever, then put your finger over the bleed hole and pull the lever then take your finger off and release the lever etc etc. Do that until no air comes out of the bleed hole in the caliper then do it a few more times to make sure.

Do up the bleed bolts on the lever and caliper under the water then take it out the water.

If this is the first time you've bled it you mite want to take off the bleed bolt on the caliper and pull the lever a bit so all the gacky oil goes out into a bush or down the sink, then just bleed it like I said above :)