Ucas Stuff, University Stuff.

minitrialer

Hello basically just looking for information on it if you have done one or are currently doing one. What's your uni like. What are the lecturers like, the price, the location how easy/hard was it to get it? Mainly about portfolio,grades? etc etc lots of info! ramble on as much as you want to! It's partly for interest and partly for an assignment.

Cheers !

• 4 weeks later...

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm doing a Digital Photography degree at London Southbank. It's pretty much the best thing I've ever done. The course is really interesting and covers more than just photography - you get Photoshop lessons that lead to you getting the "ACE" Adobe certificates, media contextualisation lectures which have changed how I look at the world quite a lot, lectures about the history of photography and so on, and loads of opportunities. I think the best part about it though is just being in London - it's an amazing place to live! I've got a solid group of riding friends now and we go out on group rides every night. I've been asked to shoot some photos for an advert in Ride by a BMX shop not far from me, I've been asked by a few people to go out and shoot photos of them skating/riding for various purposes, etc. etc. It's just brilliant. I've had the best time! The whole university experience is awesome too, and 'cos LSBU is so international I've met people from literally all over the world here.

I got ABCD at A-level in D&T, Art, Music and Philosophy (in that order), but because I took a year out I had my results definitively in my hand, so they just gave me an unconditional offer.

It's £3K a year fees, and £3.7K a year for my room in halls, but the fees are covered by the student loans thing, and you get a £6.6K a year loan. You also get a £500 grant from LSBU (£750 2nd year and £750 + £250 graduation in the 3rd year), so that lessens the cost a bit.

It's aaaaaaaaaall good...

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I'm doing a Digital Photography degree at London Southbank. It's pretty much the best thing I've ever done. The course is really interesting and covers more than just photography - you get Photoshop lessons that lead to you getting the "ACE" Adobe certificates, media contextualisation lectures which have changed how I look at the world quite a lot, lectures about the history of photography and so on, and loads of opportunities. I think the best part about it though is just being in London - it's an amazing place to live! I've got a solid group of riding friends now and we go out on group rides every night. I've been asked to shoot some photos for an advert in Ride by a BMX shop not far from me, I've been asked by a few people to go out and shoot photos of them skating/riding for various purposes, etc. etc. It's just brilliant. I've had the best time! The whole university experience is awesome too, and 'cos LSBU is so international I've met people from literally all over the world here.

I got ABCD at A-level in D&T, Art, Music and Philosophy (in that order), but because I took a year out I had my results definitively in my hand, so they just gave me an unconditional offer.

It's £3K a year fees, and £3.7K a year for my room in halls, but the fees are covered by the student loans thing, and you get a £6.6K a year loan. You also get a £500 grant from LSBU (£750 2nd year and £750 + £250 graduation in the 3rd year), so that lessens the cost a bit.

It's aaaaaaaaaall good...

Wow. Sounds sweet! As for the pics for the add- well done! I hope it goes well. You will have to show us all the finished product. Should be going to an open day in Bournemouth soon for the arts institute. Have heard mixed views on it but overall sounds like i will get a good qualification from a well established place (good reputation) and also have a good time. Lots of surfing in the summer which i would love to try. It really sounds ideal.

Excellent, anybody else wish to share any knowledge?

PS yer quite pricey Uni business but i possibly will get another grant as well so thats all good!

Cheers.

Im putting London south bank on my application, but I was a bit put off by the 70% mature student rate, Whats the social life like there? And do you drive as I would want to take my car with me...

There are a couple of mature students in LSBU, but not all that much. I haven't noticed all that many around anyway. The social scene's really cool though, just got something for everyone.

As for cars, no parking, simply 'cos it's in the middle of the congestion charge zone and you really don't need a car at all, ever in London. Seriously, I've gone from one end to the other* just using my BMX or the tube and it's a piece of piss. There are tube stops everywhere, and a great bus network too, so with an Oyster card you're basically paying f**k all to go on them.

*Not literally.