I Refinish Your Bike Yes?

Dr Greenthumb

hey all

I work at a bodyshop, learning all the tricks of the trade, and the thing i have picked up quickly is filling dents and respraying, and without bragging im getting quite good.

I recently filled all the dents on my mates forks and primed them for him, and i was well chuffed, they look brand spanking. (can get pics later)

So i figured, loads of people have thraped components, dented, chipped, scratched etc and we all respray them without attending to the dents, so they don't look that great as an end result.

I was thinking would anyone be interested to send components to me, frames whole bikes whatever and i could repair and prime/spray for a small fee?

I know postage on a frame can be pricey so im thinking about how i could get round that.

But yeah just throwing ideas out there.

what you think?

yes my dad owns a badyshop so he can do the exact same thing, but the only thing is the paint that you would put on would be alot thinner and easier to scratch, just to warn people.. but as long as your not mugging people off with stupid prices then its a good idea mate :) worth a try (Y)

whats the point of repairing chips/dents in a bike that is used in the fashion we use them?

Part of getting it right, is getting it wrong. And those who are too bothered about the apperance of their bike over how they ride it are never going to get it right.

If you slip and dent/scratch your bike whats the point of getting all stressy and crying, shut up, get back on and go again.

Im fed up of going to rides and seeing super expencive, super tidy trials bike sitting about doing nothing with mummies little marmite soldier, who didnt pay for it, not wanting to try anything incase they scratch it.

Stop being such a little bitch, get your cock out of Craig lee Scotts/Neil Tunniclifs ect arses and damn well ride.

^^^ A bit unnecessary :ermm:

Although I agree that this is one service we don't really need. Any filler is just going to add to weight and not add any strength at all. Plus if it's a dent, it's likely to be in a place that will get bashed - so it's likely to fall off again.

If you slip and dent/scratch your bike whats the point of getting all stressy and crying, shut up, get back on and go again.

Im fed up of going to rides and seeing super expencive, super tidy trials bike sitting about doing nothing with mummies little marmite soldier, who didnt pay for it, not wanting to try anything incase they scratch it.

Stop being such a little bitch, get your cock out of Craig lee Scotts/Neil Tunniclifs ect arses and damn well ride.

HAHAHAHAH!

mr. sugercoat right there....

(i agree 100%)

Very true, but if this guys going to do what he wants then some

people will take an intrest, because some people (enjoy) having

a nice looking bike, if you scratch something its nothing to get upset

about just come to this guy... :)

lewis (Y)

If you are using body filler or anything of the similar as soon as you bash where the filler is it will crack and fall of in bits (i now from past experience) and just leave your bike looking in a mess. Looks good IMO just doing a good job of spraying a frame and just going of the dints.

correct, why bother sugar coating it for people who dont want to see the truth.

Trials is an abuse to bikes, it will cause damage. Whats the point in stopping to hide that fact?

Fair enough if your new to the sport and a alittle sceptical of trying because your not experinced enough, but why start a sport your scared of on the most expencive bike you can buy? it wont make you better, and sure as hell wont win you any friends.

Buy a shit bike, learn and destroy, upgrade as you do. Simple plan