Echo Rims Or Tryall Rims .................?

bennyb

Hi i think that the Echo ones are stronger, as my front one is really good and is still very true with no flats in it and it has took some abuse from wheel swaps,taps and front wheel gaps, i've had two rear try-all rims and they have both been rubbish, the first one cracked all the way around each spoke and had a couple of flat spots in, my second rim had a flat spot and a dent on the join after two weeks witch is pretty rubbish, and they hold grinds really bad so the echo ones can only be better than the try-all hope i helped trialsbikenut (Y)

Max t you must either be a harsh rider or not have enough air in your tires to do that. My brother and my mate have try-all rims and there the strongest rims theyve had out of ronnies, echo 06, echo 05

Edit: This is the new fluro try-all rims so maybe theyve done something different for them but they are alot stronger

its called going big.they are shit rims , the braking surface is crap and they are made from crap material.

and i have no proof of a video as it was deleted,but i wish i did to prove to you how shit they are.

almost as shit as echo 06.

i run 30 psi in my rear tyre and a DH maxxis tube.

try all rims are cheap and overpriced.end of.the kids gotta echo now so well done to him (Y)

If you are taking into account of Echo rom 06 onwards then yeah they are right on a few thing, not everything!

Do you know the past history of Echo and us using it here....by all account i don;t think you do.

Echo use to be really wank parts that broke easy! The 06 rim dies due to the sidewalls being way too thick to let it have any give! Someone did a fem anaylis at OTB and many were shoclked but agreed!

I don;t trust much off Deng anwyays and i trust Koxx over his now!

It looks like an Echo rim and the vid i sceen of max wasn;t smoeth at all!

Dave's rim did 8+ft in Bristol and it only then died but it had a battering off all to get it to the point of death. Looed exactly same as abive!

it was a koxx rim and a 8 foot drop to curb with dh tyre and 30 psi. and it was ages ago.

i cant stand them.i did that same gap with my full fat and it stoood up to it a treat.

its called going big.they are shit rims , the braking surface is crap and they are made from crap material.

and i have no proof of a video as it was deleted,but i wish i did to prove to you how shit they are.

almost as shit as echo 06.

i run 30 psi in my rear tyre and a DH maxxis tube.

try all rims are cheap and overpriced.end of.the kids gotta echo now so well done to him (Y)

it was a koxx rim and a 8 foot drop to curb with dh tyre and 30 psi. and it was ages ago.

i cant stand them.i did that same gap with my full fat and it stoood up to it a treat.

The reason for rims becoming more weak is,people want lighter bikes so all companys are trying to shed weight of the products,its nothing to do with the material,it will be the fact that everything is getting thinner(lighter),this causes problemswith some people who ride rough or 'going big'.

its called going big.they are shit rims

Mate the person that ewan is refering to does go big (you on about Greg?) and he runs low pressures and has had some pretty harsh landings infront of me. I also run a try all rim and have done for nearly a year and I have only got 1 major dent. You ask anyone I ride with (tb_levelboss, synergy, bob87 etc.) if I go big and if Im a harsh rider they will all say I am. Try-all rims aint weak.

i cba to argue anymore!

who ever asked what i meant i meant cheap and tacky but they are over priced for how good they are lol.

and the material is shit as it is soft.

anyway i've killed 3 so IMO they are shit.

max...

this was meant to be an advice topic but as usual it had to turn into a bitching sesion.its only my opinion!

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZUUSSSSS!!!!!!!

Edited by max-t