X-mas Mods.

1337 Trials

yoyo people! Another nooby post :P

I ditched the idea of gettin a disc and spend it on stuff I need.

1. New pads for the front. ( What are soft compount magura pads???)

2. Pedals... ( http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?id=353) Whats your view on them???

3. Spray my frame black. I have the da bomb pro tm in grey. ( Im wantin to have black and red on my bike)

and...

Maybe a tensile freewheel. Are these any good and do they keep comming loose, because my acs claw does all the time...

~Matty (Y)

For the brake pads i know that the heatsink blues are good for the front. Also, i haven't tried them but the BT yellows are a very soft compund and are probably worth a look.

As for the pedals i have a pair of the slim jims myself and love the shape (much better than v8's). I've managed to wear the pins down quickly but luckily they come with spares.

I say get a disk and a tensile.

But if u go ahead with your plans

Some heatsink blues on the front

I dont like those type of pedels but they are grippy as a mate of mine has pedels like those

Tensiles are awsome, i have one and after owning an ENO i really cant feel the difference between the two and no the dont cum loose.

nah, I got disc forks. Its mainly the hasle because I need a new hub for a disc I may aswell get new rim + spokes because I want a drilled rim and I can keep my old rim as spare :) (Whole complete wheel)

Ps. What is better about a disc? If I had better pads on the front ide be ok :)

~matty :lol::lol::lol:

oki. Ide rather buy some ikans (:P) that will make me ride abit better, e.g. pedals that have pins etc. I wouldn't mine some new cranks but not for x-mas. The ones I got do the job but there crappy da bomb ones.

I just need to know what spray paint to buy to spray my da bomb pro tm (grey) to black and im going to put red parts on. Also because I dunno how to take the bbs out etc would it be ok to cover them up with maskin tape??? :S

~matty (Y)

DONT SPRAY IT YOUR SELF!! it will end up looking W**k and u will have made a complete mess of your frame!

get it dont proply... it costs around £40 you will be happy with the quality.. because they do it in dust tight rooms (so dust dose not get mix in to the paint on frame) and then they bake it on in an oven..

ryan..

DONT SPRAY IT YOUR SELF!! it will end up looking W**k and u will have made a complete mess of your frame!

get it dont proply... it costs around £40 you will be happy with the quality.. because they do it in dust tight rooms (so dust dose not get mix in to the paint on frame) and then they bake it on in an oven..

ryan..

It would help if someone round here sprayed frames :S

~matty

I sprayed my frame and it looks damn good imo, aslong as you dont rush it, and do it in the right temperature, it will look lush. Do a search and there's some topics about spraying your frame.

And get a disc, much better stopping power, and better in the wet. Avid bb7 180mm (Y)

Edited by Joe Rothwell

The thing is I allready have a hope mini so I will save cash and I was going to just buy better pads for front for but as I allready have a spare disc I can just use it... (Y)

~Matty

*I forgot to say *

Whats "Shimano Deore" like because my mate has one spare for me....

~Matty :huh:

The thing is I allready have a hope mini so I will save cash and I was going to just buy better pads for front for but as I allready have a spare disc I can just use it... (Y)

Whats "Shimano Deore" like because my mate has one spare for me....

Neither are good trials brakes, you'd probably be better with a magura than either of them.

I think ile just get new pads because Idon't have much cash so ile get it done next year when im working :)

P.s. What are soft pads???

~Matty (Y)

just go for plazmatics on the front - no tar + smooth rim will give you modulation and enough bite to be going along with.

the pedals are good - i have some on my bmx and I can safely say they're nicer than any other pedals I've ridden . much as it pains me to say it, they can be got for less than tarty are doing them for.

I've got a tensile myself and i bloody love it ! never skips, has never come loose and its great value, deffinately go for one. The pedals :- my mate got some and they are too grippy, u cant adjust your foot on the peadl without taking chunks out of your shoes ! I would go for eithe DMR V8's, or the Wellgo replicas, the V8's are £9 cheaper, and the wellgos are £22 cheaper, which would get you the heatsink blues for the front (Y) . the wellgos are decent, i have a pair and they have never gone even slightly wrong, the pins wear down quite quickly but to a certain point so you can adjust your foot, but not rip your shoes to shreads, hope that helps a bit mate ! ;)

Edited by onzadude123