?could I Swap My Front Hs33 For A Disk?

cornishpasty

hay all. i was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to swap my front hs33 for a front disk brake!! is this a sencible idea?? i want a disk, for a bit more stoping power, please help thanks josh

Yes it's a perfectly sensible idea. People do it all the time (Y)

If you have disc mounts on your hub, an forks, then go for it.

I used to have a front Magura on my Zona, and it didn't have the right lock and modulation, with a variation of pads.

Now running a 160mm Avid BB7, and it's mint. Locks fine, and has enough modulation for rolling etc. (Y)

It really depends on what disk you are trying to get, if its a good disk then i would say trade but if it is a rubbish disk then keep your magura because for more stopping power on a magura all you need is probably a better setup, some new brake pads or maybe a bleed.

I was going to get a avid bb7 for this x-mas but now I think I may keep the cash and just buy new , soft compound pads for my front magura , see how it goes. I was going to get a new wheel built up because I needed a new hub so I thought ide keep my wheel now for a spare.

* Ile get back to you with how good it works.

~Matty (Y)

if you hav to money and the right parts then deffinatly go for it :D

*front disk hub

*(if you dont have this already, you ll need to rebuild your wheel completely) :S

*disk brake

*fork with disk mount

front disk is great

looks cool as well

(Y)