Snap Goes My Forks!

Andrex

I have just recovered from having three broken fingers so the first thing i do is go out on my once trust bike. Coming up late in the day i try a hook on some wierd polestyrene reel. First time i try and get up the steering becomes really stiff so i fiddle a bit to loosen it up, second time I go up it gets even more stiffer so I loosen it up again, but the third time i went up my forks snapped at the steerer tube and I nearly got a face full of poplystyrene. A bit of advice from me don't buy echo hi-fi/team forks and if your steering all of a sudden becomes stiff take your forks out and check the steerer tube. On top of all this I now don't know what forks to buy, anyone got any tops tips? cheers Andy (Y)

Unlucky, how old were your forks? at least you didn't get hurt.

Echo Urbans seem to be a really good choice, No way you're gunna kill the steerer on the new ones either!

my forks were just under a year old so i don't really know if it was just wear and tear, when i get a picture i'll put it on here.