New T-comp

danfox23

Why are you all trying to pick faults, basically.

The new T-Comp is the T-Pro from last year but with better freewheel and forks

The new T-Pro is the T-Bird from last year but with better cranks and so on

The T-Bird is not better that the T-Pro because it has a disc brake!

Onza have kept a very cheap of the shelf trials bike cheap and have specced it better than last year, I really can't see why you are all complaining.

Mike, Does the new T-Pro frame have 4 bolt mounts with adaptors to fit the vee or just vee mounts?

we are trying to maintain a range of 20" trials bikes that is both strong and affordable, using a real involvement in trials to help us to maintain our edge. No company in the world does that which is why we dominate in that market.

(Y)

Go onto airevalleycycles the t-comp cost £420

That is what i call, a bargin.

Onza have really limited there marketing now. T-vee is the same. the T-bird had double maggie set up, so why on earth put cable disc/v-brakes on, and why put v-brakes on the t-pro when it was such a success. it acctually made my mate change his mind about getting one. big mistake on onzas behalf if you ask me

The t-vee is the same becuase it dosn't really need to be changed.

The reason they have 'downgreaded' the brakes is becuase the cost of matierials has gone up. However, the t-bird now has a disc hub and forks. Which would save alot of money in the long run.

sorry regarding my last post after writing it i tried to edit it so my thoughts came out rong lol

i dont understand proper why they have made the made the bikes with not as good components. as i see it you buy a t-pro because it is a great value for money bike with maguras and a decent frame so why put a vee on the front of it and im assuing other stuff isnt as good because it is cheaper than last year, but i can see the up side of upside of it now being cheap and it still being a decent bike i would jus liked to see it with maggys imo. and the t-bird they have put a vee and cheap disk on, as i see it you got a t-bird because you couldn't quite aford a t-pro but wonted a decent bike with maguras so i would of liked to see it with maggys still. the t-comp i would of liked to see more specced up may be with a disk, because the t-pro frames is a really good frame to ride better than the t-mag i think so would of liked to of seen a really high specced t-pro.

but i can see the upside of all these changes giving still a good bike for less, they just not quiet what i would do

It's all down to finding the right prices i think. If they start slapping on hydraulic discs, the price of the bike will go up. As mike said, onza are concentrating on cheaper end bikes. Excellent value for money. If the t-bird had maguras on it, it would be alot more expensive, and more people would have to resort to buying the t-vee.

Does the new T-Pro frame have 4 bolt mounts with adaptors to fit the vee or just vee mounts?

Yes.

The T- Pro does have 4 bolt mounts with our own V brake adaptors which will also be out as seperate parts shortly. Incidentally the T-Comp has Tensile offset Magura mounts as well. I would take issue with the mention of a "cheap disc" on the T-Bird. We tested many cable disc brakes before selecting the Onza branded one as used on the T-Bird. It works very well and has a patented mechanism which moves in both pads simultaneously. Even Avids only move one pad and rely on deflecting the disc.

No point to make the t-comp and the t-pro the same. (N)

DAN (Y)

It's good to see you've thought about the point sooo much that you can sum up your opinion in 11 words.

Just look at the bikes, look at the prices. Take into consideration what mikes said about prices of materials rising and you'll see there's nothing bad about their decisions.