Leeson Carbon Seat

arw_86

morning all,

im asking this cos im always at work in the day so dont get time to call leeson (a.k.a - bit lazy and cant be arsed to ring leeson.)

im interested in getting their carbon seat for my 609 but....

1) is it just the saddle

2) do i need to buy a clamp and post?

3) if so does anyone know what size tube it is?

i read the other day something about the leeson seat tube is different like it doesnt need a clamp or something.....im just confused lol

if anyone can help then that would be much appreciated

cheers ARW

morning all,

im asking this cos im always at work in the day so dont get time to call leeson (a.k.a - bit lazy and cant be arsed to ring leeson.)

im interested in getting their carbon seat for my 609 but....

1) is it just the saddle

2) do i need to buy a clamp and post?

3) if so does anyone know what size tube it is?

i read the other day something about the leeson seat tube is different like it doesnt need a clamp or something.....im just confused lol

if anyone can help then that would be much appreciated

cheers ARW

1) yes

2) if you haven't already got one

3) its either 27 or 27.2 but I am not sure

On the Leeson site it says the frame comes with the post and clamp, so unless you got it second hand then you should have one. There just standard fitting onto the post, and the normal 609 frames do need a seat-post, its only Chris Leesons that doesn't need one, have a look:

IPB Image

Only bad thing Ive heard about the seats is that the front corner is really sharp and can hurt, but I'm yet to hit the front of my seat anyway, so don't see why it'd matter.

On the Leeson site it says the frame comes with the post and clamp, so unless you got it second hand then you should have one. There just standard fitting onto the post, and the normal 609 frames do need a seat-post, its only Chris Leesons that doesn't need one, have a look:

IPB Image

Only bad thing Ive heard about the seats is that the front corner is really sharp and can hurt, but I'm yet to hit the front of my seat anyway, so don't see why it'd matter.

Yeh the bike is second hand, he bought it off me. lol

IMO the seat looks uncomfortable to ride with, id suggest something with a bit more cushioning especially on the sides if your going to start bar spins.

Any way i hope your enjoying the bike, i really miss it now.

The Clear 660s alll had funny seat tubes (except one or two custom ones) so they only took mini seats. But the Fluid 609 has a proper seat tube - perhaps that's what you were thinking of? So yeah, it needs a seat post.

I have the Carbon seat on my ET and it's pretty cool I guess, if only because you can say it's half ti half carbon :P