I'm New What Bike Should I Get?

the_source

To be honest £300 will be a very basic entry level bike, there's a new range of bikes out from a very well known mountainbike display team, called Team M.A.D., the bikes are called Phase 1.3, Phase 1.2 and Phase 1.1, unfortunatley TartyBikes haven't got them in yet, but if you wait a few weeks they should be there, the Phase 1.3 is probably the best option for you as they're £300 and are a nice entry level bike (to the best of my knowledge). They look ok and should ride nicely.

If you want a better spec bike for the money you have, it's best to go 2nd hand, there's loads of 2nd hand bikes on ebay, and in the For sale/ Wanted forum on this site, i'd say 2nd hand it the best option for you.

You strictly don't have to get a stock, i've got a video of a Spanish (i think) guy on a Mod, he's 184cm if i remember rightly, and he's as nifty as anything on it. And by getting a mod you'll be able to afford a bike with a better spec.

EDIT: Poo, beaten to it.

Mod is a bike with 20" wheels. It may have a 19" rear wheel but we still call it a Mod.

Edited by Fat Pants

umm.... about £300 i will need a 26" as im over 6ft tall!

Second hand all the way buddy.

I got Martin Hawses old bike For not much more than that. Very well specced bike. Rides well looks good and should stand the test of time.

Loads of lads advetise on here, or go on clean bikes websit and look under the nearly new section.

Good luck and enjoy.

John.

To be honest £300 will be a very basic entry level bike, there's a new range of bikes out from a very well known mountainbike display team, called Team M.A.D., the bikes are called Phase 1.3, Phase 1.2 and Phase 1.1, unfortunatley TartyBikes haven't got them in yet, but if you wait a few weeks they should be there, the Phase 1.3 is probably the best option for you as they're £300 and are a nice entry level bike (to the best of my knowledge). They look ok and should ride nicely.

If you want a better spec bike for the money you have, it's best to go 2nd hand, there's loads of 2nd hand bikes on ebay, and in the For sale/ Wanted forum on this site, i'd say 2nd hand it the best option for you.

You strictly don't have to get a stock, i've got a video of a Spanish (i think) guy on a Mod, he's 184cm if i remember rightly, and he's as nifty as anything on it. And by getting a mod you'll be able to afford a bike with a better spec.

EDIT: Poo, beaten to it.

Mod is a bike with 20" wheels. It may have a 19" rear wheel but we still call it a Mod.

then why do they sell 26inch mod frames :D

then why do they sell 26inch mod frames :D

What's that supposed to mean? If you're not being sarcastic, a 26" Mod is a normal stock frame with horizontal drop outs so you can run a single speed without a chain tensioner, and use chain tugs.

so... dan the trials man what does mod mean?

A Mod generally a biketrial bike with 20" wheels. To go into further detail it's got horizonal drop outs (where the rear wheel slots into the frame) and is single speed (normally), they're just the visual and most obvious but i'm sure there's lots more.

hey josh, reeeeeeeet, basically alex's bike is a mod, and mine is a stock (due to wheel size), the drop outs are the bits at the rear of the frame where the wheels slot into, as you may have noticed mine and alex's are different, but when a fram is 26" but mod, it means that theyve used the same drop outs as alex's bike but on one like mine (26"), itll all make sense through time...