Tips

Ryan.

its albout paraticing practicing and practicing. theres clips from ryan leach teaching how to do trials moves on either google video or youtube. once you have the technique its just practicing at getting better at it.

when you first learn how to do a back hop just practice going in a striaght line and doing as many as you can then when your good at that practice doing smaller and smaller smaller hops forward and eventually you have the contol on the backwheel to do it on the spot. if you dont already have the technique dialed on backing in general so if you dont no at all what to do. your mates are the best way get them to tell you what to do and what your doing wrong ect they can give your in the flesh advice where as words on the forum can be hard to put in to actions.

Its easier to learn in stages. Firstly learn to pedal, brake, pedal, brake whilst staying on the back wheel. Then learn how to do a back hop by leaning forwards then backwards then lifting up. Once you can do both of these try putting them together. Get up on to the backwheel then hop forwards and do a kick at the same time. And just keep practicing. Practise makes perfect.

Its easier to learn in stages. Firstly learn to pedal, brake, pedal, brake whilst staying on the back wheel. Then learn how to do a back hop by leaning forwards then backwards then lifting up. Once you can do both of these try putting them together. Get up on to the backwheel then hop forwards and do a kick at the same time. And just keep practicing. Practise makes perfect.

He wants some tips on backhopping not pedal hopping I believe, so if he can't back hop yet I can't imagine he can stall on the back wheel then kick and roll forward.

Anywho welcome to trials forum.

Basically first learn to do an endo and then use the momentum coming back to pull yourself onto your back wheel. When you have this dialled and can keep central as you come back just try pulling your pody up so your back wheel jsut leaves the ground. Kepp practising this until you feel you have improved your balance and can do quite a few in a row. Its always very important whilst backhopping to keep your arse right over the rear wheel. It will take some practise to get the balance but as I mentioned try the endo and then pulling back method. THEN you can move onto more technical things such as kickhops.

Another way that was shown in a preview to Ryan Leech's instructional video was to put your front wheel up on something and from this point it will be easy to pull back to the back hop position however I would recomend the way I explained above.

Hope I have helped.

Phil