Anti-virus/spyware

newb

Helloooo,

My computer is screwed, so im asking you guys which is the best anti-virus/

Spyware which will get all the thretaning stuff off my computer?

Would be really greatful if you could help me.

Thanks, Lewis (Y)

I run AVG antivirus, comodo firewall and a program called cyberhawk which apparantly looks for virus's behaviour rather than based on virus definitions. In theory it seems sound but in reality it just seems to sit there. Mind you i havn't had a virus on here since i had the comodo firewall, which again.... is completely free and far better than the norton one i had before.

I currently use NOD32 but dont rate it.. low memory usage my arse. Maybe the program itself in tray only uses 1k but the kernel uses 30k. Great PR that was. (i know it sounds pathetic but if they say it uses "next to no resources" then i expect 1)

AVG, free works alright but once again completely hijacks memory.

Kaspersky worked well bit slow though

Avast! 7 pro...amazing at cleaning out every virus ever.. NOD32 etc couldnt delete a virus i had this bugger did it without even needing a restart. Very resource hungry though

Mcafee... pile of bollocks in my books.. works well mind, but just totally does what it wants and really pissed me off no end with updating every 5 minutes.

I think its more important to go with a decent firewall. Im using zone alarm pro, built in pop up blocker etc. Works good.

Also using adaware pro and spy bot search and destroy. I have a thing for low processes on my laptop.. kinda dont like going to far above 30 running at once (thats including wireless utilities etc).

Edited by Spacemunkee