Front Brake Witch Is Better Disc Or Maggie

trials 123

hi i have a front hope mini disc brake and a front 05 maggie and i don't no witch to put on my gu what would you do thanks sam (Y):D

Hey mate,

Peoples opinions are very different about brakes, like i hate disk for some reason they seem to big but on the other hand i can garuntee that people would prefer the disk to a maggie anyday (Y) so really its your chioce put the disk on ride with that for a while, then put the maggie on and ride with that for a while then decided which you best liked out of the two and whack it on (Y)

hi there, i've just started riding with a disc and to be honest either a disc or well set up magura are just as good. for street riding i'd recomend a disc though. my 8 years riding has always bought me back to maguras though, so its definetly personal preference. discs look really cool aswell. don't know if this helps, but hope it does.

gianttrials

Edited by gianttrials

Alright mate,

Again it is all down to personal preference and what feels more comfortable for you to ride with. Personal i would go with the disc as it does give you slightly more moderation for some of the front wheel moves but it depends on how you like them set up aswell. Hope this helps.

Koxxtrialz

pft, hopes are unreliable si, they have no adjustment over then ripping the caliper off and spacing it out with washers e.t.c which is a pain in the arse where as a avid you can adjust with the spin of a knob. Hopes need bleeding and are a pain int arse to do where as you can just replace a cable in your bb7 at the cost of a few quid and it last for much longer then a hope bleed. Hopes are too expensive for what they are and are only good when there new they never work good when there older.Parts for a hope are astronomical.

Jason

Edited by JASON CLARK

pft, hopes are unreliable si, they have no adjustment over then ripping the caliper off and spacing it out with washers e.t.c which is a pain in the arse where as a avid you can adjust with the spin of a knob. Hopes need bleeding and are a pain int arse to do where as you can just replace a cable in your bb7 at the cost of a few quid and it last for much longer then a hope bleed. Hopes are too expensive for what they are and are only good when there new they never work good when there older.Parts for a hope are astronomical.

Jason

cant agree anymore.

another vote for an avid.

Never had a problem with a hope, only need to bleed them every few years really.

They are pricey because of the amount of time spent machining them from quality materials.

Bleeding takes all of 5 mins, just like bleeding a car brake.

Ahwell, each to their own I guess

if i did get a front brake i would go for the avid bb7 but the only problem with disks if you hit you could brake them plus they are easyer to set up than maggys. but also maggys do just do the same job..

samo