Try All Freewheel Or New Back Rim

Sucram

hi I have a birthday coming up and i wanted to know what should i get out of a Try All freewheel or a new back ech 07 rim? and could you tell me how much of a improvement in the bikes performance the new frewheel will have considering i have an acs claw freewhel at the moment?

thats good, thanks for your help. Any one thats brought one, did it make it easy to do gaps etc?

a couple of my mate have got tensile freewheels and there really really nice to ride with, sound really crisp aswell, if u like the noise that is :P

shaun (Y)

I can't see it improving gaps if you've learned to engage the freewheel first and then pedalkick. It will certainly make short run up moves easier and more precise.

Some people say the Try-All is not as good as it sounds (one has already been destroyed my end, in a matter of weeks). Loads of Hungarian riders have f**ked theirs. Go for the ENO if you have the money.

Edited by Inur

I can't see it improving gaps if you've learned to engage the freewheel first and then pedalkick. It will certainly make short run up moves easier and more precise.

Some people say the Try-All is not as good as it sounds (one has already been destroyed my end, in a matter of weeks). Loads of Hungarian riders have f**ked theirs. Go for the ENO if you have the money.

ye im with you.

or if you save and get a profile on a new rim, you have got the best of both worlds havent you, got new rim aswell :P

shaun (Y)

Hi, i have just got a from freewheel on my stock, and moving from 24 engagements upto 108 is amazing, if the acs freewheel is 18 tooth there will be no change in gear ratio. but it aldepends weather your rear rim is dead :blink: , but having a handfull of engagments has definatly improved me (Y)

Moza

Getting a profile is certainley NOT the answer.

Out of your options, get a try-all unless you really need a new rear rim. The freewheel will make the bike feel much better, a rim generally wont.

An eno is the way to go for build quality and strength, but the try-all is also a very good freewheel. It took me a little while to get used to the increased number of engagement's, a inur said if your used to engaging the acs before actually kicking it's a habit but you'll soon get used to the fact that the try all is pretty much allways Engaged.

I expect going from an acs to an ENO would be similar.......