is there any other problems?!?!?! :(

Thankyou

My rim grind has worn down :huh:

is it a good idea to re grind it? :ermm:

Would it make difference to the strength :S

or

is there any other problems?!?!?! :(

Thankyou

Providing you don't grind it to harshly it should be ok, I had a mavic D521 and it took 8 grinds (harsh) before it gave in. You should be fine; lots of different factors to take into consideration, ie. what rim is it etc?

If you don't want to use the angle grinder due to its "harshness" then try a good file or wire brush just to roughen up the surface and take the crap off.

Personally I run a smooth rim with standard magura pads and it works a treat.

Cheers, James.

When doing a light grind only press lightly and work up and down the rim. I recommend using a metal cutting disk instead of a metal grinding one. If you are still unsure how to grind enter "Rim grinding" in the search function and read up on the techniques.

Edited by kieldp

I run a grind, i have found that a rim will only last as long as you let it, if you run your tyres soft and land hevily your rim isnt going to last as long as somebody who is smoother, and also how many times its allready been ground. i would only regrind your rim if your brake is terrible. and another option is to get some diffrent pads that work on dead grinds if you are woried about your rim colapsing.

moza

Also, it's a general rule/ guide that you don't grind it more than 3 times otherwise it's most probably going to cave in after a 5 foot gap, personally, i don't do grinds but i might convert in the comming years.

i got 16 grinds on the ronnie before it cracked, justr keep grinding awayt until it breaks, it will break anyway so it doesnt really matter