Hand Spans

RobinJI

Just something I noticed.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play guitar/bass?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you play guitar/bass, does the hand you use on the fretboard have a wider hand-span?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not much in it
  3. 3. If you dont play guitar/bass which hands wider?

• Left
    • Right
    • Not much in it

Just noticed this a while ago with me and my brother, I play bass and he plays guitar, we both play right handed and both have a wider hand span on out left hand. Worked with a few of my mates too. Figure its from stretching across the frets has loosened up that hand a bit.

Just wanna know if we're weird. Well, weirder.

Shit, sorry, forgot to put options in the for dont play guitar and do play guitar in the 2nd and 3rd questions, just select not much in it.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

Haha, meh. Ah well. Yeah, I didn't realise it wouldn't let you vote without answering all the questions. Kinda annoying.

Edit: All I'm interested in really is the 1st and 2nd question.

Edited by Dont you Just Hate it When...

I play guitar and my left hand is wider, but I think that may be because I bonked my right thumb joint in a bit playing rugby at school a few years ago. I play piano too though, that ought to loosen both equally I would have thought...

Right, so how have 13 people got a hand they use on the fretboard, when only 10 people say they play guitar?

Haha, Its kinda shit that you cant just leave one question blank. Could someone please add a 'Don't play guitar' option to that if its possible?