Manuel

dean-monty-101

The way i like to Manual is by doing this:

1) I roll across the ground at about jogging pace or sometimes slightly faster.

2) I put my bad foot forward.

3) I push hard on my pedal about 1800 so that my best foot is forward whilst throwing my top half of my body over the back wheel.

4) I keep my front wheel in the air by bending my legs as the front wheel drops down.

5) If however i start to go too far back, i straighten my knees and also very gently dap on my back brake if i need to.

This is the way I like to manual, but remember that the way you find easiest to manual might be different so experiment a bit by altering these steps. When you finally get to grips with manualling, you should find it quite easy to do without taking up much energy. B)

Edited by RazzyOnza

Don't forget to pump the front end up with your hips, keep your knees bent and when it starts to drop, pump your legs down and forwards to bring the front end up. Try learning to not use the back brake, or "bitch crank" (put a bit of a pedal-stroke in) when the front end drops. It's all about the style, this ain't mototrials :P

Don't forget to pump the front end up with your hips, keep your knees bent and when it starts to drop, pump your legs down and forwards to bring the front end up. Try learning to not use the back brake, or "bitch crank" (put a bit of a pedal-stroke in) when the front end drops. It's all about the style, this ain't mototrials :P

its not bmx either so feel free to bitch crank like crazy. :P

- definitely try not to use the brake though, you'll tend to wuss out before you find the balance point otherwise

i wouldn't recommend pedalling into it - you wont get enough speed to get any distance sooo. go fast, bend legs and basically sit on the back wheel to get the front up, then do what mark says

The way i like to Manual is by doing this:

2) I put my bad foot forward.

3) I push hard on my pedal about 1800 so that my best foot is forward whilst throwing my top half of my body over the back wheel.

4) I keep my front wheel in the air by bending my legs as the front wheel drops down.

5) If however i start to go too far back, i straighten my knees and also very gently dap on my back brake if i need to.

Dear god......So so wrong,

The REAL way to manual is by pulling the front end whlist leaning and having your leg's strecthed all the way back.If you find yourslef about to flip,You bend your leg's foward and also lean foward.Pressing the back brake might help you at this point,But make sure it doesnt have too much bite.So yeah.....That's a manual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tjxlH99EOE Notice how I press my brake when iam leaning more foward? That stop's me from flipping.

Here's some more vid's young man. (Y)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-Nn4Z5WVIg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5PoMAZxYxI...ted&search=

Once you've dialed the manual,Try it without useing your brake,It's more challenging and mean's you've deffo dialed it if you can manual without useing your brake.Some people do a manual without useing the brake's completly....So yeah keep watching the vid's and I hope you learn to do a manual. :)