Trials/ Street Bike- What Suspension?

chips_an_beans

[quote name='gianttrials' date='Jan 5 2007, 11:38 AM' post='1138838'

p.s what should be said however is that it's cheaper to go rigid, unless your a pro and are given forks!

Edited by CrOcKeR

Maybe I didn't explain it all to well, but practicly all coil sprung forks can have their travel reduced by chainging the coil to a smaller one [and firmer], that's how guys like Lenosky, Ray and Leach get their forks going... On most forks the operation can be done at home with basicly just an adjustable wrench (old z series, fox and other 'cheap' forks like the old judys and MX). I'd keep my eyes pealed for any light, cheap, sturdy and coil sprung fork in the buy/sell of your local MTB forum, it can be easier for you to get a low travel fork because I don't know how available replacement springs are in Europe.

Maybe I didn't explain it all to well, but practicly all coil sprung forks can have their travel reduced by chainging the coil to a smaller one [and firmer], that's how guys like Lenosky, Ray and Leach get their forks going... On most forks the operation can be done at home with basicly just an adjustable wrench (old z series, fox and other 'cheap' forks like the old judys and MX). I'd keep my eyes pealed for any light, cheap, sturdy and coil sprung fork in the buy/sell of your local MTB forum, it can be easier for you to get a low travel fork because I don't know how available replacement springs are in Europe.

u drop the travle of air forcks also which would be the lighter option need more work or paying someone to do it