Car Parts, Where Can I Buy Them From?

Tomm

I've somehow managed to damage the front bumper on my car... Not the whole bumper though. If anyone's familiar with Mk3 Polos, there's a bit under the main bumper that's made of a kind of rubbery plastic. I've basically just pulled that bit off by driving into a curb that was higher than I thought...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I just need to replace this plastic strip and I thought if I could buy it, I could easily fit it myself (I think it just needs a socket set). But I don't know where to buy it. I guess I could try and go to a scrap yard, but it would be easier if I could just order online or something.

Ta.

I've somehow managed to damage the front bumper on my car... Not the whole bumper though. If anyone's familiar with Mk3 Polos, there's a bit under the main bumper that's made of a kind of rubbery plastic. I've basically just pulled that bit off by driving into a curb that was higher than I thought...

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I just need to replace this plastic strip and I thought if I could buy it, I could easily fit it myself (I think it just needs a socket set). But I don't know where to buy it. I guess I could try and go to a scrap yard, but it would be easier if I could just order online or something.

Ta.

With my limited knowledge of cars, be brave and try a scrapyard. When we were sorting the car out for Mongolia they were a godsend. Really cheap, although we did have to remove most of the stuff we wanted out of an old mk3 fiesta ourselves. PS. didn't really know what to expect of the guys who run scrap yards, but out of the 2 we went to, one guy was way toooo helpful and enthusiastic, and the other ones were just generally nice and helpful (Y)

With my limited knowledge of cars, be brave and try a scrapyard. When we were sorting the car out for Mongolia they were a godsend. Really cheap, although we did have to remove most of the stuff we wanted out of an old mk3 fiesta ourselves. PS. didn't really know what to expect of the guys who run scrap yards, but out of the 2 we went to, one guy was way toooo helpful and enthusiastic, and the other ones were just generally nice and helpful (Y)

Yeah I've been to scrap yards before and they're generally friendly. But I don't think they'll want to sell just that part, they'll want me to buy the whole bumper and that'll cost a fortune.

Try getting in contact with Big Boys Toys.

They are good value for all V.A.G. stuff (thats Volkswagon Audi Group before any kids start sniggering)

I dont know their details but im sure google will bring them up. My mate has a VRS Octavia an he says they are the cheapest an best customer service he has found.

think you may eb looking for a splitter

I think you are right. Cheers (Y)

Try getting in contact with Big Boys Toys.

They are good value for all V.A.G. stuff (thats Volkswagon Audi Group before any kids start sniggering)

I dont know their details but im sure google will bring them up. My mate has a VRS Octavia an he says they are the cheapest an best customer service he has found.

Thanks for that, they seem almost like what I need. But I've had a nosy around and can't find the bit I'm looking for. It seems to be a more performance-orientated site.