Disc Brakes

ytr_rich

You cant go wrong with either of those hubs really. Before the new echo hub came out, pretty much everyone was using the hope xc of the hope mono

As for discs I suggest the BB7. Its powerful enough, very simple to set up and tweak. Probably not as strong as a hope mono trial (hydraulic) but the amount of arsing around with hydraulics just isn't worth it imo, especially if something goes wrong.

When will you people learn...

Avid BB7.

Easiest brakes to set-up. No bleeding needed at all, cables are strong enough, spares are availible in any bike shop (Cables, Levers, maybe even pads..)

Feels just as nice/nicer than any hydro', and equally as powerful.

Cheaper too. ;)

Hi mate, i put a hope mono M4 on mine... just because i had it lying around :- , so yeah don't go for that because it doesn't work :closedeyes: its for downhill,

I'm going for the Avid BB7. :lol:(Y)

And i would go for the hope XC hub or pro 2

Thanks

Seb

Edited by shansen

Avid BB7 anyday, the bite may be better on the Hydraulics in the short term, but from personal experiance i would reccomend the BB7, due it being a lot cheaper, and has a better life expectancy and you wont be faffing around with re-bleeds. Go for the Pro 2, its just £8 more than the XC, and its 21grams lighter, but im not sure if you would notice that much weight differance. I think they look better aswell personally.

Hope Pro 2

Al

Edited by Alastair