Middleburn Super Pro Trials..

Alexxx

Ok so got some 16t burns the other day, Geat. Bought a brand new KMC the smaller sized version put it all together doing great had it for a few days than bang chain snaps. Ok joined back up again with a spare link few days later bang it snaps again totally destroyed the top of my leg with a huge bruise, rippage cut thingy. Ok join chain again with a spare link from the chain go riding in Portsmouth bang again some leg gets fooked!

I know i can join chain's fine as i've snapped one in 4 years of riding, but this is stupid three times in about two weeks. Anyone got any ideas at all as surely a 16t can't make a chain snap like that :blink:

Alexx

you sure the chains not catching on the bash?i think even the smaller ones still catch a bit?i had this problem when running the normal middleburn bash,was alright after a while though,the chain just needs to make some grooves in the bash.it was worse when i got the kmc kool fatter version,cos it had to wear the bash away that little bit more.its very annoyin though,but it should sort itself out.

Carl

These are 2nd hand my mate who had them before me had the exact same set up yet never snapped a chain so surely they would of made the grooves with him? Just annoying as my right leg is pretty hurtfull at the moment

Alexxxx

Any chance of a detailed pic of the teeth on the bashring/sprocket? Often, new chain + old sprocket = problems...

If the teeth have worn slightly to fit the existing chain, as soon as you fit a new chain it wont mesh properly. I'd suggest giving Middleburn a call if that is the case, speak to Matt, and see if you can send the bashring back to have the teeth re-cut.

Cheers

Adam

Hmm, don't look amazing...

Try rotating the bashring 180 degrees and try again. This will mean your power stroke will be with a fresh set of teeth.

Check the join very carefully too, with the Kool chains the pin needs to go in dead straight because of the mushroomed heads. If its a dodgy join the link will bulge slightly, or a small amount of swarf will appear.