Pads For Avid Bb7

joe b

As i live on top of a hill everytime i go out for a ride by the time i get to where i'm meeting my mates i have a shit front brake 'caus i've had to use it to slow me down going down the hill. Now, i know Avid BB7's are notorious for this but i was wondering if there were any pads for a BB7 that would reduce the amount of heat-fade on the brake.

Thanks in advance,

Joe.

Don't wear pixie boots (not actually sure if you do...) and use your feet :-

But on a serious note, you could take a bottle of water down. That way you can douse your brake in it when you reach the bottom and that should make you brake f**king awesome. Not to mention you can drink the remainding stuff when you start riding properly ^_^

When riding DH and stuff I've never had any problems with heat build up running Sintered pads, I know they get hot, but it doesn't seem to bother them, they still work amazingly, in fact they work a little better once there a bit warm, and as you're running a mechanical break, it wont bother the break either.

I'd recommend Clarks or EBCs, Apparently fibrax ones suck, and I haven't tried any others. Its the gold ones you'll be after.

if you change pads it will be wank, This will sort you out

Is a new rotor the trick? Or did you mean get a new brake? Either way, thanks pal :) .

Dont break down the hill :D

:mellow:

Don't wear pixie boots (not actually sure if you do...) and use your feet :-

But on a serious note, you could take a bottle of water down. That way you can douse your brake in it when you reach the bottom and that should make you brake f**king awesome. Not to mention you can drink the remainding stuff when you start riding properly ^_^

I do wear pixie boots :P . And the water idea is a bit too much effort but thanks anyway!

When riding DH and stuff I've never had any problems with heat build up running Sintered pads, I know they get hot, but it doesn't seem to bother them, they still work amazingly, in fact they work a little better once there a bit warm, and as you're running a mechanical break, it wont bother the break either.

I'd recommend Clarks or EBCs, Apparently fibrax ones suck, and I haven't tried any others. Its the gold ones you'll be after.

Thanks matey...

Anyone else... any ideas?

Cheers,

Joe.