Big Problem!

gr8grumble

Hello people, im in need of some help.

Right.... recently i bought a new echo external bb, i put it on my bike and my chain was out of line where the external bearings were out instead of in, this then cause my chain to be really far out, and slopeing inwords towards my rear cassette, making the chain wear away the edges of the teeth on one side of my rear cassette, which has caused the cranks to feel really stiff even when the chain is loose? I have a feeling it was going to brake my profile hub....

Soo then used a normal bb again,.. and ive still got this tight feeling, even though the chain is perfectly aligned? does anyone know how i can solve this? or how i could fix it?... because its a mistery to me???

All comments qould be grately appreciated...

Thanks....

Graham.

All i can think of is that your chain has also been warn and this has caused a tight spot that may be causing the stiffness. If you had an old chain you could try that quick to see if its the problem or it may even been the cassette bearings been warn from the chain forcing them on such a wierd angle (happened to my cassette, but mine was loose aswell).

Hope this helps.

Jon

If you drop the chain off the bike, is there any noticeable stiffness from your cranks & BB or from the freehub?

If the stiffness is being generated inside the freehub then you'll need to service the hub. Hopefully there won't be anything broken but I don't know a whole lot about Profiles.

If the stiffness is from your crank, stick in a new conventional BB & make sure the chain ring isn't hitting the frame.

If it's neither of these then it can really only be your chain.

Hope it comes good for you.

All i can think of is that your chain has also been warn and this has caused a tight spot that may be causing the stiffness. If you had an old chain you could try that quick to see if its the problem or it may even been the cassette bearings been warn from the chain forcing them on such a wierd angle (happened to my cassette, but mine was loose aswell).

Hope this helps.

Jon

Your correct, the funny angle had caused the cassette to bugger up the bearings in my hub, cheers for that,

helped alot.

graham.