Rim Brakes Vs Disc?

moto_psycho

hey i ride a Disk up front and its nice its a Avid Juciy 5, then on the rear i ride a avid vbrake, you will find a lot of people run that set up, you should think about giving it ago, its nice to ride!! dont ride a disk on the rear because the mounts could snap easily, it happened to me!!!

Johny

How can you say that rear disks bend, have you tried one? mines done fine and im a fairly harsh rider.

The disk doesn't catch unless e.g you side hop a wall and your front wheel misses the wall and your rear wheel catches your rear disk is then likely to catch which is very rare hasn't happened to me yet.

Edited by ben.richardson

I have used a monty with maggies front and rear and now i use dual disc and i can honestly say the dual disc is 10 time better. I feel like theres more stopping power in the wet and the dry. Gives me more confidence as well. There also less hassle than maguras so if you get the chance to go dual disc i say do it.

Matt