Headset Reducers

t.w

hi,

i have a 1 1/4 headtube but use 1 1/8 forks i put my forks in and there is a slight wobble my freind suggested a headset rudecer but i have no clue into what they are. Does any one out there know what they are, and any suggestions on how to stop my wobble. thanks tom

Edited by t.w

Like a shim to make up for the extra space? I'm surprised you still have a 1 1/4 frame, that must be pretty old! I think they were little cups that went into the headtube, then you pressed a 1 1/8 headset in, if you cant find any, it wouldn't be hard to get somebody to make some on a lathe, but thats alot of effort, might as well pick up a conventional frame thats newer and more trials orientated if you can

Nope thats cheap as there a pain to make. I did have a set for internal headset to 1 1/8 but i had to cut them up when Alex T needed a normal headset again as they fused togther. Some uber skill full cutting. They fit in the frame like a headset would then the headset into them and are rock solid. Ran a set on my Crescent years ago