Ko Bikes

ben.richardson

hi,

I currently ride a monty 221 pr but it's too short for me and i want a bike that isn't as popular as say the zoo python. I have been looking at the ko km1 trials frame which isn't that popular and looks to be an all round nice frame apart from no bash mount seen as though i compete in trials. Does anyone have any info on the frame , like what it would be like to change from a short natural frame to a slightly longer more street style frame . If i am to get one it will be the short frame at 1010mm which shouldn't be too much of a change seen as thought the monty is 1000mm in length. Could people post up any pictures of their ko as to see what colour scheme will work.

Any info will be a great help

Edited by ben.richardson

hi,

I currently ride a monty 221 pr but it's too short for me and i want a bike that isn't as popular as say the zoo python. I have been looking at the ko km1 trials frame which isn't that popular and looks to be an all round nice frame apart from no bash mount seen as though i compete in trials. Does anyone have any info on the frame , like what it would be like to change from a short natural frame to a slightly longer more street style frame . If i am to get one it will be the short frame at 1010mm which shouldn't be too much of a change seen as thought the monty is 1000mm in length. Could people post up any pictures of their ko as to see what colour scheme will work.

Any info will be a great help

At the start you say you want something longer then at the end you say getting a 1010 won't be much of a change? I wouldn't bother spending the money for not 'too much of a change'

Like you say the KO isn't popular really, so I doubt many will havepics, kyle hinchcliffe has some on his site, I just wonder, is there a reason as to why those bike's are not very popular?

Yeh, im not saying they will feel the same, probobly a fair bit differant, but it might not give the differance your looking for if the wheel base is so similar.

If you want to try long bike's why not try and borrow one off a mate for a dsay? if your in the same situation as me you won't be able to and will just have to buy whatever you like the look of and try and get as much info before you buy.

If your monty really is too short then 10mm is not going to be enough to make it feel longer, imo...

At the start you say you want something longer then at the end you say getting a 1010 won't be much of a change? I wouldn't bother spending the money for not 'too much of a change'

Like you say the KO isn't popular really, so I doubt many will havepics, kyle hinchcliffe has some on his site, I just wonder, is there a reason as to why those bike's are not very popular?

People like to hear reviews on a frame before they buy it. Secondly they have not been out very long either so that could be another reason. I look to get one in the near future.

Dan..........

If you've got a PR, every other frame will feel very different and be a big change. As somebody has already pointed out - despite the Monty geometry being very similar to any other short mod frame, the way these bikes behave is totally different.

I just wonder, is there a reason as to why those bike's are not very popular?

Might be because Tartybikes don't deal in Ko?