How Do You Hop Fowards?

Onza-Trials

id like to turn this into a discussion about it really, its all fair to point to a tutorial, but i am having problems myself!

i believe im slowly getting there, it seems to be the fear of going over the back, mixed with bad brake timing making it hard for me! i stacked on my ass a few times so im less confident trying it! managed to do 3 in a row the other day, but then couldnt even back hop for the remainder!!

I had the same problem i just couldnt hop forward.But now i have got the hang of it i dont realy no how i learnt all i no is try and kick the peddle at the same time a you let your brake out and allso some of my mates are learning how to do it and when im watching them there moving there body up and down as fast as they can so once your on the back tyre try not to panic and move your body realy quikly just take your time.I bet every body tells you this but it is just practise the more practise you do the sooner you will do it good luck.

Sam

try doing a little wheelie(one pedal kick)+locking the brake up, don't pull the bike off the ground etc just get used to the roll+locking up the brake+crouching slightly to keep the front rend up (Y) gte used to that + start pulling the bike up aswell (Y)

i took me a few weeks solid practice.

first, try the wheelie tecnique that has already been mentioned, but also try doing a fairly small endo, then rock back and lift the front wheel, then, jump up, taking the bike with you. eventually you will be able to hop on the spot easily. when you can do that, try lowering the front wheel a little, then kick the pedals sharply, and ever so slighly lift the front wheel. you will then be hopping forwards!!!!!!!!!!!!

just keep practicing!

matt

Hiho. Im sorry I wont help much but before I got the motion of hoping forwards I was asking everyone how to do it and I was geting really frustrated but I practiced and got it without much help at all.

Basically you gota bend your arms and legs abit while pulling the bike up. Then its a gentle kick to start going forwards but as you get better you can kick it harder to cover further gaps :)

GOODLUCK BUD! :)

~Matty

Get onto some grass so you don't hurt yourself if you come off he back!

Firstly, try to relax yourself on the back wheel, doesn't matter if you're all over the place, just get fairly comfortable

Then try just pushing the bike forwards underneath you with the pedals, forget the hop...

Once you have masters these little manual thing (using the rear brake to stop yourself) it will be easier to try and lurch

Then just incorporate the hop into the same move, but make sure you can master the pushy manual ting first

Hope I have been of some help :unsure:

Good luck all,

Nathan

If you watch zoo video 28, theres a bit where craig is on a handrail and all he does is pedal kick, brake, pedal kick brake. Obviously its amazing doing that on a handrail, but all you got to do is the same on flat ground and add a little hop in between :)

Or you could boon, but thats a bit difficult to begin with. I managed to boon 1ft :D

try doing a little wheelie(one pedal kick)+locking the brake up, don't pull the bike off the ground etc just get used to the roll+locking up the brake+crouching slightly to keep the front rend up (Y) gte used to that + start pulling the bike up aswell (Y)

thats how i lernt .it dent take me long after that is a realy good way (Y)

If you watch zoo video 28, theres a bit where craig is on a handrail and all he does is pedal kick, brake, pedal kick brake. Obviously its amazing doing that on a handrail, but all you got to do is the same on flat ground and add a little hop in between :)

Or you could boon, but thats a bit difficult to begin with. I managed to boon 1ft :D

Thats exactly what I was on about mate (Y)

Listen to this guy lol

Every bit of advice in this thred has been good....

Nathan :)